Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New and Improved Orchard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The New and Improved Orchard

OK, they sucked me in, I thought they had bumped me up into the elite where they don't play their silly games any more. Newsflash - Same old Orchard.

I have a 2% rewards account that started at 2K limit. I called and got it bumped to 2.4K after it was a couple months old. "Sorry that is all we can give you but call back in a few months and we'll eventually get you where you need to be" they said.

I called them today; asked for an increase as I have been running 2-3K a month through the account and FIF religiously. The guy says I'll have to check credit, I confidently said OK as my scores are higher than when the card was issued and I have no balances on any cards. DENIED. Asked for Supervisor, 20 minutes stating my case, sorry Mr. Contractor, you are not authorized for a higher limit.

Asked for account retention as I don't feel I can keep using the card as is. She says, I am account retention and the Supervisor of that. I restated my case in hope she would tire of hearing it. No go. Stonewalled. I informed her that they were foolishly loosing customers and that if she was in charge of account retention, she was doing a lousy job.

I ended the conversation by telling her they would receive a letter from me informing them of my decision as to whether I would continue to be a customer. She said she would have a Manager call me within 48 hours to discuss, none were in now. I'll not hold my breath.

Moral of the story - A leopard does not change it's spots.

Edited to remove anger.

Message Edited by contractor on 09-16-2008 08:04 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.