Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official "What will Barclay's do" thread

tag
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Re: The Official "What will Barclay's do" thread

I vote "A".... I just passed my 6 month anniversary a few days ago and I received a automatic CLI from $2,000 to $2,900 after being declined for a increse that I initiated myself two days before.  Anyhow, My anniversary was on the 14th and I received my automatic CLI on the 15th which I didn't realize until I logged onto my account via there website.  I called them to verify and it the Represenative told me that the CLI was applied on the 15th based on the standing and payment history.  Smiley Happy

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 11 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I vote for (C) Nothing.

Pretty sure that they already know about your new accounts and the lien, so this will likely skew you away from getting an Auto CLI.

I wonder if i'd be poking at the bear if I asked for one if nothing showed by the end of the month....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 58
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@LS2982 wrote:

I wonder if i'd be poking at the bear if I asked for one if nothing showed by the end of the month....

YES.  You would be.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 58
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I'm going with C) Nothing.

I just hope they don't axe me with spending habits like this:

Photobucket

I just really wanted to have a Visa in my name for rental car purposes. I'll certainly not app for anything within the next 6 months.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 58
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Photobucket

I just really wanted to have a Visa in my name for rental car purposes. I'll certainly not app for anything within the next 6 months.

3.45? What did you buy? a Starbucks? lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 58
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I just got my 7th statement, CL 1290.00, I have opened 7 cards since getting my barclays, I didn't  get a CLI but my account is still open, right now my utilization is about 30% overall. I got Sams card, because I can't use visa at sams club, I got Old navy, JCP's , Lowes, Sony visa, macy's, and care credit for rewards that Barclays doesn't offer me. I know that they might close my account, but I refuse to let Barclays hold me hostage. I use their card, and pay it down each month. I give Barclays plenty of love, all I want is a little back. Smiley LOL

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 16 of 58
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

I am gonna choose C on this one. With the way that they soft credit reports it's likely they have seen the lien and new accounts. It wasnt enough to trigger an AA from their internal system but will likely keep it from triggering a 6 month CLI. I wouldn't rock the boat though and Initiate a CLI request at least until the other new accounts age a bit more.
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 58
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Wait untill your 1year anv with the card, then ask for a HIGH CLI, 5k is the buffer zone to high limits.  GL!

Message 18 of 58
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Photobucket

I sure wish they would let us PC this card. I too use mine for rental car purposes. 

Message 19 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I go with NOTHING....I got stiffed on my 6 month with PIF every month, 0 utl on any of my other cards. This card is now in the sock drawer and has been.  If they stiff me on 1 year. Its getting the axe. 

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.