Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official "What will Barclay's do" thread

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

The Official "What will Barclay's do" thread

Yes, my 6 month anniversary is coming up in 5 days. Let me give you a little snapshot of my credit profile of the past 6 months before I give the choices:

-I have opened 4 new accounts other than Barclay's (AMEX, Discover, GE Lowes, GE Amazon)

-I currently have a 13% overall util.

-Out of 6 statements, 4 have been PIF.

-I will carry a $180 balance on this statement

-Current CL is $1,000

The question is, What will Barclays do????

A.) A CLI.

B.) AA of some sort.

C.) Nothing.

Everybody cast a vote and we'll tally it up and when the decision comes down i'll post it!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Official "What will Barclay's do" thread

I vote D) Send your June statement.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 58
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

We need more information in order to make an educated guess.

What ( if any ) derogatory or negative information is showing on your TU report ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

This would fall under the "Nothing" category.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

We need more information in order to make an educated guess.

What ( if any ) derogatory or negative information is showing on your TU report ?

I have a paid Tax lien from 2006 showing, and 3 30 day lates from a PIF auto loan, most recent Oct. 2010. (The lates were present when i got the card, but the Tax Lien was not and just recently popped back up)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 58
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes, my 6 month anniversary is coming up in 5 days. Let me give you a little snapshot of my credit profile of the past 6 months before I give the choices:

-I have opened 4 new accounts other than Barclay's (AMEX, Discover, GE Lowes, GE Amazon)

-Current CL is $1,000

A.) A CLI.

B.) AA of some sort.

C.) Nothing.

Everybody cast a vote and we'll tally it up and when the decision comes down i'll post it!!

B. 

It is because they don't like people carrying any balance and opened too many accounts within six months. I have Travelocity Amex for almost nine months and I didn't carry balance. I use it  at Costco and other places.  I opened a  lot of accounts last year and this years.  They gave me a CLI last month without asking.   I keep my CC utilization at 1%. If they want to close it, I will let them.  I wouldn't worry about if I were you.  If they want to close your account, there is nothing you can do.

Ron.

Message 6 of 58
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

HA HA HA HA HA!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 58
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

-Current CL is $1,000

A.) A CLI.

B.) AA of some sort.

C.) Nothing.

I'm going to cross my fingers for you and say A. 

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 58
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I vote for (C) Nothing.

Pretty sure that they already know about your new accounts and the lien, so this will likely skew you away from getting an Auto CLI.

I think with most creditors the "6 month" event is really a non~event.   I doubt that they will be doing anything for you.....but don't rock the boat by calling in and asking for a CLI if you don't get one automatically.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 58
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

-Current CL is $1,000

A.) A CLI.

B.) AA of some sort.

C.) Nothing.

B. 

It is because they don't like people carrying any balance and opened too many accounts within six months. I have Travelocity Amex for almost nine months and I didn't carry balance. I use it  at Costco and other places.  I opened a  lot of accounts last year and this years.  They gave me a CLI last month without asking.   I keep my CC utilization at 1%. If they want to close it, I will let them.  I wouldn't worry about if I were you.  If they want to close your account, there is nothing you can do.

Ron.

Honestly, if they close it, it is what it is. I've done my responsible part with the card. I hate the fact i'm not getting rewards with it. The only thing that bothers me is I would have no Visa in my name.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.