Frequent Contributor

The Perfect Unsecured Rebuilder Card??

Discovered this weekend that my SOs Equifax score has climbed much higher than I'd thought. It's the cleanest of all his reports, and we found out it had crept to 665 when we purchased his new truck this weekend. My plan for furthering his credit score was to apply for one more credit card once his score was high enough to get an unsecured, no annual fee card. Right now all he has is the BOA 99/500. With his Equifax higher than the other two, I thought he might be in a position to find the perfect card now as long as they only pull Eq. Credit Unions are basically out because I'm fairly sure he's got some Chexsystems dings. I just ordered the report to dispute anything inaccurate, but I'm pretty sure there will be some accurate stuff on there as well. Any other suggestions for an Equifax pulling, unsecured, no annual fee card? Does Cabelas fit this mold? Will they approve around 660?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Epic Contributor

Re: The Perfect Unsecured Rebuilder Card??

Cabelas would be perfect
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Super Contributor

Nordstrom.......
Established Contributor

Capital One, they pull all three so they will see your clean EQ report.
Frequent Contributor

I've heard a lot of bad things about CapOne, plus he applied there in December when his scores had just crossed 600 and was declined. I really don't want CapOne dings again on all three reports. One ding on his Equifax report is worth it, especially if he can be approved with that score for an unsecured card with no annual fee. Those annual fees just don't sit well with me, and I don't want him getting a new card until he can qualify for one without it.

I didn't see anything about annual fees on Cabela's site, so I'm assuming there isn't one? What kind of credit limit can he expect, and does it look like a store card or a Visa for reporting purposes? What kind of limits do people in the mid 600s see from Nordstrom? They only pull Eq?

Established Contributor

GEMB also pulls EQ so you might want to take a look at their credit card portfolio. JCP and Lowe's cards are two of the better cards they have to offer.
Frequent Contributor

Woohoo! After reading some more recent approvals here on the forums we decided to go ahead with the Cabela's application. Instant approval! This has been such a good week credit wise. Now I'm just curious what the limit is.

Does the Cabela's Visa report as a Visa card or a store card?

Established Contributor

Congrats to ya..

Frequent Contributor

congrates as well, I just got the Cabela's Visa also. My EQ score is 648. I am curious about the CL too!
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Established Contributor

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Capital One, they pull all three so they will see your clean EQ report.

I wouldn't really say the fact they pull all three is a good thing.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.