Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Plan

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: The Plan

Seems that I read it cost you a HP to add to the BOA secured...is that right?

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@BrokaToe wrote:

It will, but since neither Amex (charge cards) nor Discover (almost at all AFAIK) pull TU, it's not a big deal.  I just recently kicked my secured card up from 2K to 5K, and they pulled TU as they usually do, which I have to really, really try hard to get any inquiries on in my case.  

Also since you're looking still at 9 months to your next round of credit card applications, it's worth it if you can make a substantial deposit even if the lender does pull TU. The increased limit likely isn't a big deal for Amex on a Zync, but it will likely be for other lenders issuing non-charge cards especially Chase from the stories here.  The 64K question in my case is whether they'll let me keep my new limit when I theoretically graduate in October (I have no reason to think that I won't) or whether they'll kick me back down to something smaller.  FIgured it was worth finding out on the chance they keep me at the 5K which puts me straight into Sig territory with the other lenders I intend to apply with around December during my spree.

        
Message 12 of 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

It will, but since neither Amex (charge cards) nor Discover (almost at all AFAIK) pull TU, it's not a big deal.  I just recently kicked my secured card up from 2K to 5K, and they pulled TU as they usually do, which I have to really, really try hard to get any inquiries on in my case.  

Also since you're looking still at 9 months to your next round of credit card applications, it's worth it if you can make a substantial deposit even if the lender does pull TU. The increased limit likely isn't a big deal for Amex on a Zync, but it will likely be for other lenders issuing non-charge cards especially Chase from the stories here.  The 64K question in my case is whether they'll let me keep my new limit when I theoretically graduate in October (I have no reason to think that I won't) or whether they'll kick me back down to something smaller.  FIgured it was worth finding out on the chance they keep me at the 5K which puts me straight into Sig territory with the other lenders I intend to apply with around December during my spree.

so my question is being some of us have boa secured cards is say would a creditor feel obligated to match our current limits even though the card reports as secured? im speaking in terms of manual review

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.