Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Problem with Store Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Problem with Store Cards

Exactly as gordonbs stated.  Every single "No interest for xxx" teaser I have ever seen has the pay the entire balance off before the promotional period ends or interest is calculated on initial total purchase amount from time of origination. 

The lenders are banking on the customer not paying off the balance therefore making their "Commission."  Right or Wrong, they put the ball in your court.  Buyer beware.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Problem with Store Cards

Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Microcenter.  They pulled a bait & switch on us with my husband's laptop, sold us a printer that worked once and then died, my computer-geek husband spent a week trying to get the laptop to even start up, and then they charged us yet more to replace it (because of course they didn't have that same model, only a more expensive one).  They said it would take weeks to reload the OS on the first one- and this was to be his work laptop; we didn't have weeks.

A co-worker bought a desktop from them that was advertised to have the 64-bit Vista OS- guess what, it didn't.

I'll stick with Tiger Direct for computers...

-MsMS
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.