tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The RANT of all RANTS

@smc733 wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

THIS IS INSANITY!

I could try writing a letter addressed to Kenneth Chenault, but that would probably be worthless.  It irritates me that with a 757 FICO I can't get a card that people with 20+ baddies and 630 FICO scores are getting.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't you have a relatively short credit history on your own ( and an AU user on an account that has a long history )?  If so, maybe this is why you are getting so many road bumps?

That history is nearing 2 years on installments, and is over a year on revolving.  We've seen people with only 6 months get approved here.

Or people like me with 3 months of revolving history. Who knows maybe they will never bug you again after this and you can live a jolly life with them?

Message 21 of 27
marty56
Super Contributor

Some CCCs Blacklist you if had problems in the past with them.  I could never get an AE card since I had a product with them in DMP.  Alsi I cancled a Capitol One card and they probably would not give me a new one.  The crown jewel of denial for me will be BofA.  In Aug of 2012, I could become the only forum member with an 800+ FICO score denied by BofA.  Not to worry since I would never apply with them - even 0% for life on a 100 year mortgage.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 22 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

Shouldn't be a problem for me, I'm 100% new to credit, with 100% clean credit.  I'm even an AU on two Amex cards.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:

Some CCCs Blacklist you if had problems in the past with them.  I could never get an AE card since I had a product with them in DMP.  Alsi I cancled a Capitol One card and they probably would not give me a new one.  The crown jewel of denial for me will be BofA.  In Aug of 2012, I could become the only forum member with an 800+ FICO score denied by BofA.  Not to worry since I would never apply with them - even 0% for life on a 100 year mortgage.

Marty, send me a PM if you will.  I currently am working on a BofA issue with people who have been blacklisted.

Message 24 of 27
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

THIS IS INSANITY!

I could try writing a letter addressed to Kenneth Chenault, but that would probably be worthless.  It irritates me that with a 757 FICO I can't get a card that people with 20+ baddies and 630 FICO scores are getting.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't you have a relatively short credit history on your own ( and an AU user on an account that has a long history )?  If so, maybe this is why you are getting so many road bumps?

That history is nearing 2 years on installments, and is over a year on revolving.  We've seen people with only 6 months get approved here.

Okay, so this is my first post. I've been lurking arround the forum for a while. Love it.

OP, you have 5 tradelines with decently sized limits in under 1 year. I'm going to say the recluntance of approval is due to risk. Its clear that one of the most important factors of your score is history, which you haven't established yet. For example, you give someone 10,000 dollars and they manage it fwell or 6 months does that make them a good money manager? the ultimate test of risk is how well they can manage it for years. I wouldn't be too obsessed about it. Its one of the hurdles of young age. If you keep your good habits eventually you'll be applying for Platinum. By the way, upon your approval you'll notice american express has the best customer service hands-down. Smiley Happy Best Wishes.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 25 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the input aamex, two of those accounts are over a year, though.

And I totally understand the choice to verify income, but two things I don't get

1.  The 4506-t should provide that sufficiently enough, I fail to see why the 4506 is needed (at a high cost of $57)?

2.  Why do they need to be so insanely ridiculous about the PHONE NUMBER MY BANKER CALLED FROM?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 26 of 27
aamex
Frequent Contributor

I agree making you jump through hoops is ridiculous. You're much better than I am, I would have quit. Lol. Hope they don't slam the door in your face. Smiley Sad
Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.