cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rankings are in for 2012 - Anyone Surprised?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: The Rankings are in for 2012 - Anyone Surprised?

@ComputerWizMaster wrote:

Is this true for all of their cards? I'm new to Amex (one my second month), but I've only had US reps everytime I have called and they are really nice. Didn't know they had non-US reps at Amex, but I guess that is par for the course lately.

I want to re-establish a relationship with Amex but I must say,being forced to speak to reps in foreign countries via Amex is surprising.That bugs me because the service is rarely as good as speaking to an American in most cases regardless of company. Foreign reps usually stick to a script and are less flexible in dealing with request.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 31 of 35
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I have found that dealing with AMEX overseas reps they have been helpful and very easy to understand. I know that doesn't make up for it, but just my experience. Also it is important to note that you don't always get overseas reps. I'd say like 15% of the time of course YMMV and it all depends on the product you hold. 

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 32 of 35
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

I was thinking that American Express position on that list would show greater seperation between it's nearest rivals.I've never had most of the cards on this list.Is the Discover card services really that great?

Yes!

What services do Discover offer that it's competition fall short in? Is Discover generous with CLI's?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 33 of 35
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

@ComputerWizMaster wrote:

Is this true for all of their cards? I'm new to Amex (one my second month), but I've only had US reps everytime I have called and they are really nice. Didn't know they had non-US reps at Amex, but I guess that is par for the course lately.

Amex uses over seas reps it just depends on what time of the day you call and the product you have. The Zync card usually always gets over seas reps but the Blue Cash Everyday I've always gotten American reps. Not every card uses overseas reps. Discover uses none at all. Their CS is amazing, but they are usually slow with growing your account and the cash back has lousey limits just my opinion here of course.

I think the survey agrees with your sentiment.  They rank high on everything but rewards.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 34 of 35
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I think chase goes before discover also, I have both and Discover has high apr. 

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.