Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Ritz Carlton Rewards Card

tag
onthemove
Contributor

The Ritz Carlton Rewards Card

Anyone out there have detail pictures of the card and the packaging? Maybe a pdf format of the book...

This card is on my list and thinking of getting it soon. But, the points are not as good as Starwood points.

Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Ritz Carlton Rewards Card

If you just want to see what the card and it's packaging looks like, you can do a Google Image search.

I don't think it's anything special - although the card is made of metal (if that matters to you).

The extremely high annual fee would keep me from even considering it, but if it fits needs, go for it.

I think it's issued by Chase.

Message 2 of 8
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

I don't personally have this one but a quick Google search came up with:

http://www.mlinc.com/expertise/detail.cfm?wid=13

You can check out a newsletter here:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/NR/rdonlyres/4B89AE55-1DF3-4194-AD27-52E6AAB554B3/0/Jul_2013_RCR_Newslett...

Current directory is here:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/NR/rdonlyres/ADCADACC-9420-488A-9506-FDD921338B08/0/147760_INT.pdf

That should at least get you started exploring.

J

Message 3 of 8
AyalaZero
New Contributor

@onthemove wrote:

Anyone out there have detail pictures of the card and the packaging? Maybe a pdf format of the book...

This card is on my list and thinking of getting it soon. But, the points are not as good as Starwood points.

Thanks in advance...

It's exactly the way it shows on JaysonT's links.  There are many better cards out there, highly doubt this one is worth it.  I have it and will be using it for my free stay at a ritz, and then swapping to something more reasonable.  If you have a Visa Sig card with Chase, your odds of getting approved for this are better than not.  Good luck!!

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 4 of 8
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I guess everyone has mixed feelings about the card, but personally I really love it.  Aesthetically, it is simply awesome.  It is very heavy- making my CSP feeling like it's just another plastic compared to the Ritz Card.  The Rewards:  With the hefty $395 AF, yes I can definitely understand why others would question if the card is worth it or not.  For me, I don't really mind the AF.  The free access to airport lounges (though limited) are pretty awesome thing to have, some money i can save in my pocket.  I have used the lounge access at LAX in December,  it worked out great.  Also the 1st year Marriott Gold Elite Status seems pretty good, I will be utilizing some of those benefits sometime this year.  The base 5x points when booking at Ritz or Marriott hotels + 2x on travel & dining are basically the same as my Hyatt, but I have experienced an awesome customer service w/ JP Morgan when i did not have my Lounge Club membership card at LAX and that they have called the lounge and let me get in with ease. 

In the end, it's all about your personal preference.  I got the card because it had something I wanted, and i have no regrets.  Why would you apply/get a card if you're going to regret it later on?  Sure for the sign up bonuses, but I look at it for a longer term and I'm sure I will love this card for a very long time. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 8
mark293
Regular Contributor

I also am pleased with it. Applied in branch and got the first year waived and 70k Ritz/Marriott points. I have also racked up a few cat 1-5 certificates. Most people have been receiving cat 1-4 certs, so I have to think it may be because I have the Ritz card and not the lower Marriott Premier.

If you don't want a comment regarding how cool the card is EVER single time you use it, this is not the card for you. I didn't think it would get old, but it did, and fast.

Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 6 of 8
mark293
Regular Contributor

Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 7 of 8
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@mark293 wrote:

I also am pleased with it. Applied in branch and got the first year waived and 70k Ritz/Marriott points. I have also racked up a few cat 1-5 certificates. Most people have been receiving cat 1-4 certs, so I have to think it may be because I have the Ritz card and not the lower Marriott Premier.

If you don't want a comment regarding how cool the card is EVER[Y] single time you use it, this is not the card for you. I didn't think it would get old, but it did, and fast.

I think you can request a plastic version, right?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.