Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Shopping Trick? No idea how to START

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Re: The Shopping Trick? No idea how to START

I did it with Victoria's Secret and pop up said I was pre-aproved for $1000, I submitted last 4 of my ss and d.o.b. and then it says it's under review and I should receive a letter?? What's up with that??

Message 21 of 44
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

I did it with Victoria's Secret and pop up said I was pre-aproved for $1000, I submitted last 4 of my ss and d.o.b. and then it says it's under review and I should receive a letter?? What's up with that??

Did your address change recently?  When you set up your account did you use the same address that is on your credit report?  If not then that is probably the problem.  I've seen others with this problem.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 22 of 44
drewrico
New Contributor

Whats websites do this again?

Message 23 of 44
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Same address that was on my report? I don't understand why it would say pre-approve $1000 then under review?

Message 24 of 44
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i log back on this thread and see all you guys talking about girlfriend, and big butt ;-(.

I might went on the wrong thread...or wrong forum.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 25 of 44
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Same address that was on my report? I don't understand why it would say pre-approve $1000 then under review?

Not sure I understand.  Are you asking a question about the address?  

Yes I've read just a very few cases of this happening and it had something to do with a variation in the address compared to the online account or a variation in their name.  Basically it was an ID verification that stopped the app.  I guess maybe you could try to call them tomorrow to find out what's wrong.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 26 of 44
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I called then and they said I will either get the card or letter in the mail. It seems like I have the worst luck!! They also said even though it says pre-approval, they still have to run it through. I questioned her and said " what good is a pre-approval if it doesn't go through. Just my luck, I even get turned down for a pre-approval!!

Message 27 of 44
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I called then and they said I will either get the card or letter in the mail. It seems like I have the worst luck!! They also said even though it says pre-approval, they still have to run it through. I questioned her and said " what good is a pre-approval if it doesn't go through. Just my luck, I even get turned down for a pre-approval!!

Well please let us know what happened.  I honestly haven't heard of anyone not getting approved even when they did get that message.  So I have my fingers crossed for you.

Message 28 of 44
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I was reading someone got the same message and they didn't get their card or a letter but when they checked their credit report, it siad they have vs account opened? My fingers are crossed as well. Thanks

Message 29 of 44
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Give_Me_Credit_Please, I replied to your post in the other thread, but the same thing happened to me. I got the 7-10 day message and within two weeks had my card. Hope you get it!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.