Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Shopping Trick? No idea how to START

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Re: The Shopping Trick? No idea how to START

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread but I just called in to VS to check and my account is OPEN!! Only $250 though??? The pre-approval said $1000....oh well still happy and I heard they cli very quickly. How much was your cli?

Message 31 of 44
Blazesian
New Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

I had already answered another post asking the same question so I will just re-post it here:

The shopping cart trick is when you go to any of the sites the issue cards from Commenity (formerly WFFNB) and when you go to check out (you need to have created an account with your name and address) a pre-approved offer pops up.  In order for this to work you have to be opted in and your address on your credit report should be your current one.  You just put an item in your shopping cart and go to check out.  If there is a pre-approval waiting for you it will pop-up to tell you so.  It literally has the verbage you have been pre-approved.  You only enter the last 4 digits of your ss# and just a few other details (can't quite remember exactly what they were) and you've got your account.  This is all done with a soft pull.  

I've read that some people have tried it for months before they got it, but I got all of mine within a day or two of each other.  You can check your SP's to see who is checking your credit and that will tell you if you might have a pre-approval waiting for you.  If you have to put in your full ss# then that is a hard pull and not a pre-approva.  However the pre-approval clearly says "pre-approved" so its not hard to miss.  I got The Avenue, Victoria's Secret, Catherines & Woman Within with a total CL of $2K.  

Thank you! That clearly answered it ( I must have missed the other post you responded to )

Message 32 of 44
Blazesian
New Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Blazesian wrote:

I'm Gardening, so I can not use the trick just yet (although it's tempting), but I keep reading the posts saying how you get a pop up at check out...

Are you supposed to create an account first, then add items to the cart, etc? Were you already a heavy shopper with that store? I tried going to VS

and adding a bunch of things into the cart and clicking "checkout" and nothing happened..

Why not just apply for the VS card if you want it?  You don't need an invitation.    IMO, Store cards are great if you are a frequent customer.

I've been getting rejected lately due to having way too many inquiries, so if I haven't gotten a pre-approval at the end of my gardening (May) then I will apply. I've just gotten three new cards in a month, so I'm sure they'd deny me right now (:

Message 33 of 44
Blazesian
New Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
I have never opted out so i guess. I dont know about her tho. I think she had bk7 when she was 20 (shes older than me). Kind of glad i didnt get it tho because im breaking up with her soon.

This is why I always ask the ladies what their Fico Scores are before I start dating them. I tell them to delete my number if their response is "what's a fico score?"

JK Cat LOL

Lol!

Message 34 of 44
MYBEST
New Contributor

Lol and smh
EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 35 of 44
beachbum33
New Contributor

Wish I never saw this thread, my plan was for my inquiries to drop off this year and let my aaoa increase so I'd be ready for something better next year. Just approved for $250 VS $250 Brylane Home...

Message 36 of 44
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Lol, Congrats on your new accounts beachbum33. At least no inquiries, just a hit on your AAoA. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 37 of 44
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else not getting the popup.?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 38 of 44
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

Anyone else not getting the popup.?

got the pop-up on VS and got the card 2 weeks later. but no other sites are giving me the pop-up, guess im just not pre-approved.

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 44
zerobacan
Established Contributor

WhereI ve tried with express and abercrombie 3 times... nothing... I get all the way to put my credit card info... 

Where do you get the pop up? when you can input the CC info or after you filled everythinng including the cc info?

Thanks

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.