Contributor
firstladyd

Re: The Shopping Trick? No idea how to START

So I tried this and it didnt work at first. I did the checkout thing like 5x and finally got the pop-up. I however put in my physical address instead of my mailing address, so i got the processing message 7-10 days. Got the letter in the mail denied due to address. Called the number for recon. Was advised to take DL into store for verification.  So Blows but a +TL for a soft works for me any day.  

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
hausfrau

I find this intriguing. Hubs is to the point where (other than LVNV funding, grr) there is nothing he can pay off. He has a bike loan from May '11, 3 SL paying on since '10, and 0 revolving credit. We made the mistake of paying everything we could in 07-08 and then running away from credit. So now all of the baddies still show, but nothing good other than the bike and the SL. I wonder if since he needs credit, I should get him to try this.

Starting my rebuild!

Regular Contributor
scarzy

I have 5 cards that were obtained with the shopping cart trick. It's very easy to get, and most will get $250 limits. Currently, I have used 3 of the five cards, and realized that I got sucked into getting ez credit. My intentions were honest at the beginning...to better my credit and to establish a relationship with Comenity Bank.

My AAoA dropped to 3 months instead of six. Too many new accounts hampers my credit report. If I would have waited, and not applied for ez credit, maybe my approvals rate would have been higher with other creditors. Maybe I would have that CLI. Maybe I would have inch my way into primeland. 

All the hard work at the beginning was all for naught since I have to start over again. So, be careful of accepting all the ez pre-approvals with the cart trick, because it will bite you in the a*s! As for me, time is my best friend now, and I should have not let go of its hand....

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Valued Member
Yeshualovesme

I have been doing the shopping cart trick and I now have Target, JCrew, Ann Taylor, One Stop Shop, but I never got the pop up from the one store I really wanted....... Vickie Secret!!!!!! Well I decided to just apply on my own, I got the 7-10 day message, I received the letter in the mail and it stated they needed to verify some information. I called and a nice guy asked me a few verification questions and he said " are you ready to become an Angel" I said "you know I am" he said "congratulations you have been approved for $250.00" I was very happy. I love vickie secret, I missed out on the free towel they had last week, but it appears they are always having one sale or another so I know I will enjoy this card. yahoo yaaaaaa me!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}