Moderator Emeritus

The Sleigh Center is a dump- Welcome to the new Concorduser Center

It took 8 months to run The Sleigh Center into the ground-

I vow not to apply for any New credit - until Jan 2009 or later 
No more Apps!!!!!!!

This thread is dedicated to those who have re-built their credit but need encourgement to "credit garden"

I invite anyone to join- 
There is no HVT in the Concorduser Center- as after joining and making your commitment to not app until XX/XXXX and you violate your commitment, you may no longer post in the Concorduser Center. 

Let's see in a year who can still post in this thread.
Regular Contributor

Re: The Sleigh Center is a dump- Welcome to the new Concorduser Center

[ Edited ]

From Nov 06 to Nov 07 I got 20 cards. Caught the frenzy! My goal is no apps until Jan 09 when I get a TrueEarnings Amex (Costco) and a Discover card. 2009 will be the year to determine the keepers among them. I'll last till January.   [edited to go back a year - sigh]

Message Edited by Logical on 04-09-2008 10:11 PM

Message Edited by Logical on 04-09-2008 10:14 PM
Established Contributor

Logical, Nov 08 hasn't happened yet?

As for me, I vow not to apply for any new cards until a GREAT USAA Amex offer comes (12-36 months)...does that work or do I need to set a specific date? -hehe
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Regular Contributor

Pj1369 wrote:

Thanks for the catch - I edited it.
 I think it's time for bed.   Say good night, Gracie . . .
Established Contributor

Logical wrote:

Pj1369 wrote:

Thanks for the catch - I edited it.
I think it's time for bed. Say good night, Gracie . . .

Good goal and good luck!
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Established Contributor

I BBYGRL vow not to app until I purchase my first home. My target date for a home - ASAP. Target date for a new cc will be 1/2010. I guess I'll be doing a lot of gardening...
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

I ran out of things to app for. :smileyhappy: Letting all age. I'm in again.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Established Contributor

I am totally up for this challenge.

I went through a crazy app spree in 2007, and now I am getting rid of cards.

I vow not to app until May of 2009, with the stipulation that my score must be 760 or greater! If I do not meet the FICO score requirement then I will continue my pledge until I have reached my goal!

I have 19 open CC's and plan to have cut 10 over the next year.....already ditched 4! ALL CC's PAID IN FULL!! WOO HOO!

There is too much clutter in my desk!
Established Contributor

I love the name of the "new" center! Very appropriate:smileywink: Right now I only have 1 foot in the door..I am rebuilding right now..diluting the bad with the good. I have been good though, went shopping at Gap and Old navy and did not attempt to app!
Contributor

Yes, I'm in! And I love the new name. :smileyvery-happy: I've applied for tons of apps, been approved for most, even if the limit has been low. But I am at a point where I'm gardening. There's just one more card I want to apply for, and that's the USAA, either the MC or Amex, but I prefer the Amex. So I promise not to apply until February of 2009, which would be a year from my original application spree. *crosses fingers*
Manga is food for my soul. :smileyhappy:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.