Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sleigh Center

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Sleigh Center

First thing to do if you cannot hold out and not opt back in is to go to Walmart and purchase a shredder ($39.95). Tell yourself that you must follow certain guidelines. At the first hint of a setup fee, annual fee, monthly fee, etc. place it in the shredder immediately. Those days are behind you.

Remember that only 1 out of every 87 2/3 offers has any merits at all. Be prepared to shred a lot before you get to one that is worth reading the fine print all the way through. But when you find that one, do read every word of the fine print to make sure that you are willing to take the hard INQ for the possibility of success. 

Then after you decide that you want to take the offer, place it in a desk drawer for three days and nights before even going online to look at the app. If you are lucky, you will forget about it and the expiration date will go by before you find it again.Smiley Very Happy
Message 31 of 842
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Ok the shredder is already a household item.  I'll take the rest of what you said to heart. 

Thanks Sleigh.
Message 32 of 842
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's almost mail time. I'm getting nervous just waiting. Maybe my Walmart Discover will be here today!
Message 33 of 842
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I'm doing the Jedi Mind Trick on the postman as I type.  The force is telling me that your card has a slight chance of arriving today Sleigh.Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-08-2007 01:49 PM
Message 34 of 842
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Don't leave us hanging Sleigh.  Did the mail come yet?Smiley Surprised
Message 35 of 842
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Sleigh did the mail come?  I went to the nail salon today for some rehab. the mail came when I was gone. and my hubby got his credit cards. 

Spec, if you opt back in just read the offers that give you a awesome interest rate, no fees and a high limit.  that is what I am doing. I am not taking anything less than $5K for a starting point.

Since I have those darn AMEX cards I should set the limit at $10K.  I am being very picky about what i apply for now. 

I will take the advice of Brammy and other and let my accounts age a bit.  Pay down my AMEX blue and use other cards to buy very small purchases and pay in full. 

Keep me posted on your offers.. it's a thrill getting those little pieces of mail..  Esp. from companies that turned ,me down when the BK was still on my CR.  

Message 36 of 842
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Will do RC!  Hey, for Christmas we need to get Sleigh an appointment at the nail salon.  There has to be some way of coating his nails so he can no longer bite through them.Smiley Very Happy
Message 37 of 842
Kat
Valued Member

Here's my latest problem.  I have been lurking around the opt-in site trying to decide if I want to start receiving offers in the mail again.  When your credit stinks it's no fun to get teasers in the mail that you know you don't qualify for.  BUT now that my credit has improved drastically I am wondering if I might be missing out on a good offer by being on the opt-out list.

I hear ya!  I broke down 3 weeks ago and opted back in--I just know I've been missing out on the ONE cc offer that will turn everything around for me! 

I'm teetering on the brink of addiction.  I'm not ready to admit that I can't control myself...  Does the Sleigh Center have an out patient program or do you have to check in and fully commit to recovery?
Message 38 of 842
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Kat,

You're in luck!Smiley Happy

Here at The Sleigh Center we do provide out-patient services but they are much more rigorous programs.Smiley Very Happy

We want to make sure that your limited time with us will produce positive results so we often take drastic measures to insure a speedy recovery. Smiley Very Happy

Let us know if you need help setting an appointment.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-08-2007 02:23 PM
Message 39 of 842
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

On a serious note, does anyone know exactly how long it takes from the time one opts-in until the offers start showing up in the mailbox?
Message 40 of 842
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.