Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The TU score from Walmart is officially TU08

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

The TU score from Walmart is officially TU08

I just got the word from a very reliable source that the monthly TU score for WM card holders is TU08.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: The TU score from Walmart is officially TU08

Thanks MVV! Good to know! Could you (or anyone who could for that matter) also do a primer of the differences between TU08 and the previous versions? I'm curious to know >_<

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 25
tray
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I just got the word from a very reliable source that the monthly TU score for WM card holders is TU08.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Thanks for the information, do you now if most lenders perfer to use the TU08 instead of the TU04

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 25
android01
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

Excellent, thank you for sharing!  Is there any way that you can have your source pass the word along to the Myfico folks that it would be REALLY NICE if we could purchase TU08 scores instead of TU98?  If not, can you (or anyone) tell us why we can't?  Is it a MyFico decision or a Transunion decision?  I'm sure there's politics involved, and it would be nice to know why.  Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 25
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

Excellent, thank you for sharing!  Is there any way that you can have your source pass the word along to the Myfico folks that it would be REALLY NICE if we could purchase TU08 scores instead of TU98?  If not, can you (or anyone) tell us why we can't?  Is it a MyFico decision or a Transunion decision?  I'm sure there's politics involved, and it would be nice to know why.  Smiley Happy

Isn't TU04 the more widely used score?  I'd rather be able to purchase TU04.  In fact, even if TU04 isn't the most widely adopted, I'd still rather be able to purchase that one since I can get TU08 by getting the WM card.

As to your other question, I have a suspicion that if you ask a FICO source the reason that we can't get the score, the answer is unlikely to be that it is FICO's doing.

[fixed typo]

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tray wrote:

Thanks for the information, do you now if most lenders perfer to use the TU08 instead of the TU04

I have only heard of one lender who might( possibly), (could) be using TU08 to make decisions. Lenders are very slow to convert to something new.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 6 of 25
android01
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

Isn't TU04 the more widely used score?  I'd rather be able to purchase TU04.  In fact, even if TU04 isn't the most widely adopted, I'd still rather be able to purchase that one since I can get TU08 by getting the WM card.

As to your other question, I have a suspicion that if you ask a FICO source the reason that we can't get the score, the answer is unlikely to be that it is FICO's doing.

[fixed typo]

TU04 would work for me.  Anything but TU98 which is verging on being as valuable as a FAKO these days.  I would agree that it's not likely FICO's doing, which raises another thought I've been having - what's to stop TU and EQ from going the way of EX?      

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Guava wrote:

Thanks MVV! Good to know! Could you (or anyone who could for that matter) also do a primer of the differences between TU08 and the previous versions? I'm curious to know >_<

I'm trying to find that out. I confess that I probably should already know that but since TU08 has been so slow to be implemented that I've not given it the attention I should.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 8 of 25
CS800
Super Contributor

Very few lenders are using the TU08 which is FICO08. But on the other hand Beacon 9.0 is becoming very popular with lenders. Source from a friend in the mortgage industry.

Message 9 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Walt_K wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

Isn't TU04 the more widely used score?  I'd rather be able to purchase TU04.  I

+1

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.