tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Unsleigh Center

MidnightVoice wrote:

krystofur wrote:

If only I could pay our mortgage with a CC! Smiley Happy

You sort of can with Amex:

In a significant first for the credit card industry, American Express today announced that Cardmembers will now have the ability to pay monthly home mortgage payments on the American Express® Card. American Home Mortgage Corp. will be the first lender to offer this Express Rewards Mortgage(SM) program for eligible prime loans.

Thanks a lot, as if I needed an excuse to get another CC!  And here I thought I was getting away with a signature card that actually reports correctly, I call it my my "pseudo-Amex card".  Actually a Chase Freedom Card, it's what we've been using the past two months for the rewards program.  I didn't have time to follow the link, but do you have to have the Mortgage through Amex?  If not, maybe I could tell DW we really need the Amex card? Smiley Wink
Message 41 of 50
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

krystofur wrote:

but do you have to have the Mortgage through Amex?  If not, maybe I could tell DW we really need the Amex card? Smiley Wink

I think so.  I don't think this will catch on, because mortgage companies don't want to pay CCC fees.

But one can refinance and get reward points
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I've always wondered --for businesses that issue cards for employee travel and so forth, do the businesses get miles and points and all? And if so, what on earth do they do with them all? Or do the businesses pay lower fees and don't get any rewards?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My boyfriend travels extensively on business...he gets to keep all the miles his business cards accrue even though they are the companys cards. When I first met him 4 years ago he had over a million miles between 2 cards.
Message 43 of 50
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I've always wondered --for businesses that issue cards for employee travel and so forth, do the businesses get miles and points and all? And if so, what on earth do they do with them all? Or do the businesses pay lower fees and don't get any rewards?
My boyfriend travels extensively on business...he gets to keep all the miles his business cards accrue even though they are the companys cards. When I first met him 4 years ago he had over a million miles between 2 cards.

See, that's what stumped me. I hear about people who get to keep their miles, so obviously it is possible for corporate cards to accrue rewards. Maybe the business can elect whether to get rewards on the cards or not.

DH works for a state university, and it's all they can do to pay the faculty and staff. (We have a really cheap-minded state legislature.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 50
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

See, that's what stumped me. I hear about people who get to keep their miles, so obviously it is possible for corporate cards to accrue rewards. Maybe the business can elect whether to get rewards on the cards or not.

DH works for a state university, and it's all they can do to pay the faculty and staff. (We have a really cheap-minded state legislature.)

Miles from airlines I get to keep, they are awarded to the person who flies, not the person who pays.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 45 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep all my A/L miles, hotel points, etc as well. 

Tickets are purchased and reservations are made by our Corporate Travel Dept however all miles & points are mine.

Message 46 of 50
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

New Unsleigh member alert! During 8 hours yesterday, I picked up a car loan, 3 cards for sure, and maybe a fourth.

So with the car loan and a BT card, I can pull $19.5K out of the HELOC and into lower APR products.

I may try in 4 to 6 months for the other BofA card and Kohl's, depending on how bad the score hit is, and if it seems useful.

OK, reporting to the Unsleigh Center! I unpacked my bags and put the sheets on my bed. Now what?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 47 of 50
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Excellent, Excellent!

I would advise a little celebratory dance under a full moon! 

It's so great to hear so many people changing their credit around.  It won't be long before we're all being begged for our business!!!
Message 48 of 50
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

I have gotten every credit card I have ever wanted. My scores took a big hit, as each report says my credit is new and history is short. I think after a year, my scores should creep back up and as I keep the balances low.
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 49 of 50
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, I can't wait to see what happens with my scores! I will be seriously, seriously, re-aged, but it was worth it to me to get it all over with at once.

Now I can find something new to obsess over. Smiley Very Happy
Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.