Did you mean: 

The Verdict is in...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Verdict is in...

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Smiley Happy I am currently in garden mode however I was able to convince Chase to increase the limit on my Slate to match the Freedom limit Smiley Happy

They did that without a HP?

When I got my Chase (i know they tend t ocompete wit hthe Discover More) I asked them if they could match it and they said it was going to be a HP. That was the same day i got approved for the Freedom. I refused to take another HP the same day.

Yup without a HP...I called the executive number and explained that I applied for the Slate not realizing that another card with them was converted to Slate earlier last year so I asked for a CLI to match the Freedom. Told me she would look into it and call me back but did ask for permission to pull my report. I told her I was not happy with getting another INQ since they hit me on both EQ and EX for the Freedom 2 weeks ago. I can't remember if I said okay to having my report pulled but if I did I know they wouldn't be able to pull my EQ report again since it's frozen. I logged into my account 2 days ago to see the limit increased and checked my EX report for a possible HP and only got a soft Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup without a HP...I called the executive number and explained that I applied for the Slate not realizing that another card with them was converted to Slate earlier last year so I asked for a CLI to match the Freedom. Told me she would look into it and call me back but did ask for permission to pull my report. I told her I was not happy with getting another INQ since they hit me on both EQ and EX for the Freedom 2 weeks ago. I can't remember if I said okay to having my report pulled but if I did I know they wouldn't be able to pull my EQ report again since it's frozen. I logged into my account 2 days ago to see the limit increased and checked my EX report for a possible HP and only got a soft Smiley Happy

I have to keep these in mind

Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quest208 wrote:

what was in your wallet BEFORE the app spree?  balances, etc

The following are the cards and limits I had before my app spree and total UTI was under 30% 

Amex Green Charge Card 

Amex Blue Cash $2,600 

Best Buy Store Card $2,100 

Capital One Platinum $3,000 

Capital One Business Platinum $4,900

Capital One Business Card $1,000

Chase Slate $1,700

Citi Thank You Preferred $2,000

Discover More $5,500

Discover More $3,800

Message 43 of 48
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

FusionCredit:

Just curious...how the heck did you raise your fico scores 50 pts in 3 months???  Please do tell!

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 44 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

what was in your wallet BEFORE the app spree?  balances, etc

The following are the cards and limits I had before my app spree and total UTI was under 30% 

Amex Green Charge Card 

Amex Blue Cash $2,600 

Best Buy Store Card $2,100 

Capital One Platinum $3,000 

Capital One Business Platinum $4,900

Capital One Business Card $1,000

Chase Slate $1,700

Citi Thank You Preferred $2,000

Discover More $5,500

Discover More $3,800

You already had some very nice cards. Two Discover More huh

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy I acquired the cards between 02-05...Discover had CLD both of my cards between 09-10 due to something on my credit report. I wish I had looked into my credit report then but I just didn't give it much thought. I finally put more interest into my credit about 4 months ago and was able to clean up my reports in about 2 months. After doing so I was able to have Discover soft my report and agreed to reinstate my original CL on both cards. 

Message 46 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy I acquired the cards between 02-05...Discover had CLD both of my cards between 09-10 due to something on my credit report. I wish I had looked into my credit report then but I just didn't give it much thought. I finally put more interest into my credit about 4 months ago and was able to clean up my reports in about 2 months. After doing so I was able to have Discover soft my report and agreed to reinstate my original CL on both cards. 

One of your Discover More used to be another type of Discover?

Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One of your Discover More used to be another type of Discover?

Nope both Discover More...I got an offer to apply for the card...approved...then like a week or later another offer for the card came in so I applied again and was approved Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.