Did you mean: 

The Witch(Credit One) is dead....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Witch(Credit One) is dead....

@Anonymous wrote:

@maksimfa wrote:

We can all complain about fees and high apr... but when they are the only bank wlling to lend you money... that is the price you have to pay.

The alternative is.... save and pay cash. =)

Did they offer to waive the annual fee?  

Good luck with new cards. =)

I agree that Credit One was what I needed at the time when no one else would approve me; however, I can say that now that I am an outstanding member of society, they do not meet my needs.  Yes, she tried to get me to stay by waiving the annual fee for four months.  And initially I was going to do it for the sake of the AAoA, however, I felt now was time to make better decisions.  

I actually defended Credit One for a long time.  But, I lost that excitement when they charged me for a CLI.  They charged me $20 to give me an increase of $200!  Here I am paying 23.99 percent interest and you charge me $20 for the opportunity to do so?  

As for First Premier and Continential...that is just criminal what they do.  However, I am sure that the individuals so agree to 36.99 and above APR, have no interest in whether they are current on their bills or not?   

There are always better options than CreditOne. Secured with SDFCU being the leader here.

Why pick a company that after the first year charges a monthly fee AND charges interest on said fee from day one? It may just be pennies we're talking about. But they are your pennies, why not keep them? What service they DO provide they charge dearly for.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Witch(Credit One) is dead....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@maksimfa wrote:

We can all complain about fees and high apr... but when they are the only bank wlling to lend you money... that is the price you have to pay.

The alternative is.... save and pay cash. =)

Did they offer to waive the annual fee?  

Good luck with new cards. =)

I agree that Credit One was what I needed at the time when no one else would approve me; however, I can say that now that I am an outstanding member of society, they do not meet my needs.  Yes, she tried to get me to stay by waiving the annual fee for four months.  And initially I was going to do it for the sake of the AAoA, however, I felt now was time to make better decisions.  

I actually defended Credit One for a long time.  But, I lost that excitement when they charged me for a CLI.  They charged me $20 to give me an increase of $200!  Here I am paying 23.99 percent interest and you charge me $20 for the opportunity to do so?  

As for First Premier and Continential...that is just criminal what they do.  However, I am sure that the individuals so agree to 36.99 and above APR, have no interest in whether they are current on their bills or not?   

There are always better options than CreditOne. Secured with SDFCU being the leader here.

Why pick a company that after the first year charges a monthly fee AND charges interest on said fee from day one? It may just be pennies we're talking about. But they are your pennies, why not keep them? What service they DO provide they charge dearly for.

I'd say that the vast majority of those who do with Credit One has zero clue as to their other options?  Nixon, you truly do not understand that there is a subculture out there that is clueless about finances and credit choices.  These very people Credit One thrives upon.  They(Credit One) understands who their market  demographic are in terms of spending habits, credit scores, the likelihood of default, etc.  That being said, the individauls that carry Credit One are desperate.  They may not say it, nor show it outwardly, but inwardly they conduct their affairs as if Credit One is their only choice.  The person that is a long term cardholder(victim) is not going to come to Myfico beforehand, read through 300-1,000 post over 3-4 and educated themselves as to what is the right card to apply for that fits their lifestyle.   

So when you say their are better options, you are preaching to an audience that has gotten an advance copy of your sermon and knows each period and paragraph change of said sermon.  

Credit One folks, aren't even in the pew to hear the sermon.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.