Frequent Contributor

The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

I came across this list today. Not surprised to see First Premier at the top!

http://www.cardhub.com/worst-credit-cards/

Senior Contributor

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

WhiteCollar wrote:

And yet MyFico gives 4 stars to First Premier with these terms.

Contributor

Wolf3 wrote:

WhiteCollar wrote:

Does First Premier advertise here????

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 772 (09/20/14)
Goal Score: 780+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
giving 4 stars to First Premier makes me call into question the entire card review on this site. It raises serious credibility issues. (or the editor who reviewed it needs to be fired).

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Blogger

[ Edited ]

What kind of person in his right mind would ever apply for a First Premier? This card should not even exist.

Moderator Emeritus

HiLine wrote:

What kind of person in his right mind would ever apply for a First Premier? This card should not even exist.

There are multiple tiers of credit; there are individuals in this world (most of the people who actually find this forum aren't among them I'll admit) where all they can get when it comes to unsecured lending is FP.

There are legions of people living through PDL shops (Pay Day Lender) who would be able to put themselves waaaaay ahead with a FP card on the assumption they use it responsibly.  The same goes for companies like Cashcall and SpringLeaf, their products are undeniably "ugly" to many of us, but sometimes that's all you can obtain and you have to start somewhere when it comes to building positive credit history.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

jwduke wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

WhiteCollar wrote:

Does First Premier advertise here????

http://www.myfico.com/SavingsCenter/creditcards.aspx?qsid=nav

It's really bad to the bone, IMHO.

Established Contributor

+1000

Regular Contributor

FP sent me a preapproval in the mail like two weeks ago. I laughed out so hard (I have a Amex and Discover in my wallet).....LOL. I looked at the fees involved in getting one of their cards, and it was so unbelieveable....these people must be crazy......

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.