cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

Frequent Contributor

The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

I came across this list today. Not surprised to see First Premier at the top!

 

http://www.cardhub.com/worst-credit-cards/

 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012


WhiteCollar wrote:

I came across this list today. Not surprised to see First Premier at the top!

 

http://www.cardhub.com/worst-credit-cards/

 


And yet MyFico gives 4 stars to First Premier with these terms.

 

Message 2 of 10
Regular Contributor

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012


Wolf3 wrote:

WhiteCollar wrote:

I came across this list today. Not surprised to see First Premier at the top!

 

http://www.cardhub.com/worst-credit-cards/

 


And yet MyFico gives 4 stars to First Premier with these terms.

 


Does First Premier advertise here????

 



Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 777 (04/11/16)
Goal Score: 780+ All Three




Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

giving 4 stars to First Premier makes me call into question the entire card review on this site. It raises serious credibility issues. (or the editor who reviewed it needs to be fired).


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
Blogger

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

What kind of person in his right mind would ever apply for a First Premier? This card should not even exist.

Message 5 of 10
Moderator

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012


HiLine wrote:

What kind of person in his right mind would ever apply for a First Premier? This card should not even exist.


There are multiple tiers of credit; there are individuals in this world (most of the people who actually find this forum aren't among them I'll admit) where all they can get when it comes to unsecured lending is FP.

 

There are legions of people living through PDL shops (Pay Day Lender) who would be able to put themselves waaaaay ahead with a FP card on the assumption they use it responsibly.  The same goes for companies like Cashcall and SpringLeaf, their products are undeniably "ugly" to many of us, but sometimes that's all you can obtain and you have to start somewhere when it comes to building positive credit history.

 

 

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Senior Contributor

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012


jwduke wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

WhiteCollar wrote:

I came across this list today. Not surprised to see First Premier at the top!

 

http://www.cardhub.com/worst-credit-cards/

 


And yet MyFico gives 4 stars to First Premier with these terms.

 


Does First Premier advertise here????

 


http://www.myfico.com/SavingsCenter/creditcards.aspx?qsid=nav

 

Message 7 of 10
New Member

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

It's really bad to the bone, IMHO.

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

+1000

Message 9 of 10
Regular Contributor

Re: The Worst Credit Cards of 2012

FP sent me a preapproval in the mail like two weeks ago. I laughed out so hard (I have a Amex and Discover in my wallet).....LOL. I looked at the fees involved in getting one of their cards, and it was so unbelieveable....these people must be crazy......

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Message 10 of 10