Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zync glitter is real!

tag
mommyof4
Valued Member

Re: The Zync glitter is real!

Ficonightmare, you make a excellent point "We all have different goals when it comes to credit." I for one am excited about the opportunity get my foot in the door with American Express. By having the Charge Card it does force me to pay in full every month ( which is what I do with all my cards, except one every month). It also gives my the extra perks that I wouldn't have gotten for money I was going to spend either way.

These Forums have taught me SO MUCH and I really do sincerely appreciate all the useful information I have received.

Congrats to everyone on there recent approvals!! I look forward to receiving mines.

Message 61 of 106
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I think opposing viewpoints have to be shared and are shared on this site.

However, I still think that replies like "We all have different credit goals" don't really hit the nail on the head. Of course, each of us has a different subset of goals. Someone wants to buy  a house, yet another wants to repair their score etc. However, behind that array of different goals there is a goal that we all have in common: to obtain, build, keep a reliable and good credit profile that makes it possible for us to convince lenders to extend credit to us when we need it. I have yet to see one single poster on here who has not been pursuing that. I think that is the overarching idea on here, isn't it?

Message 62 of 106
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

wolle- If you must break it down, then yes- we all have a different subset of goals. Based on that subset, the cards we choose vary. There is nothing wrong with choosing a ZYNC card over a Blue if your goal is to start buidling a relationship with AMEX. Remember, not everyone will qualify for the Blue.

My goal was simple. One of the negative factors on my FICO reports is "short credit history". Opening up a card that has a 15 year history will help. In the end, my  goal is a good mortgage rate. I'd like to do everything possible to obtain that goal.

So whether or not someone feels paying an AF isn't the wisest move, that opinion is in direct conflict with what this card can do for me. Again, different goals.

I agree that we should share opposing views. But that opposing view should be helpful, and should explain how it could directly hurt what the OP is trying to accomplish. I haven't seen that in this thread.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 63 of 106
jnydc
Contributor

I love my new glittery Zync.  So in the immortal words of Ms. Kathy Griffin, Edited

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 64 of 106
Gh0st
Contributor

How long did it take you guys to get the card? Jw

.Believe.
Message 65 of 106
jnydc
Contributor

app'ed on the night of the 4th, received on the 12th.  

Veterans Day got in the way, so it was 5 business days.

@Gh0st wrote:

How long did it take you guys to get the card? Jw

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 66 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'ed on the.... 29th or 30... I got approved on the 2nd and got the card a day after veterans day.

Message 67 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im suprised this was even an issue...

If this was a "Is Amex worth it thread?" then, by all means it would be appropriate to hear all suggestions/POVs.

But if someone posts, and is excited and is sharing what they feel to be a accomplishment in thier own right, why post specifically to "poopoo" thier accomplishment...?

"You can pay for school, but you can't buy class" Smiley Tongue

Message 68 of 106
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jnydc wrote:

I love my new glittery Zync.  So in the immortal words of Ms. Kathy Griffin, Edited

How exactly is this statement on topic and what does it add to the discussion?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 69 of 106
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Is there a way to get pre-approved for this prior to applying to online?

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 70 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.