Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zync glitter is real!

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: The Zync glitter is real!

@crazysxycool wrote:

Is there a way to get pre-approved for this prior to applying to online?

Go to the AMEX site and you can pre-approve on the site. Pre-approval does not guarantee approval when apply. Also just because does not show anything available when you try the pre-approval site does not mean you will be denied if you apply.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 71 of 106
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@Gh0st wrote:

How long did it take you guys to get the card? Jw

App'd on the evening of the 11/6 (a Saturday night), approved later that night, and STILL waiting for card (10 days expired today).  Giving Amex the benefit of Sunday the 7th and Veteran's Day in there somewhere, I suppose it will arrive tomorrow or Thursday.  If not, I'll be on the phone to them in short order.

I AM glad that I'm back in the Amex family, and I'm glad that Amex opened the door just a little wider to allow someone like me (back) in--someone who needed a second chance to rebuild his credit, regrets the way he handled that good credit in the past, and is anxious to prove his newfound financial responsibilty.  Viva Zync!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 72 of 106
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

For anyone concerned about the AF:

10,000 pts = $50

You can redeem points for airfare and on amazon.com (and for a bunch of other stuff, but those are probably the realistic choices). So, if you're traveling or buying anything from amazon within the next two years, the card is free for two years. Then you're a shoe-in for any other Amex, and you can cancel Zync if you don't want to pay anymore.

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 73 of 106
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@OnWayUpinTexas wrote:

@Gh0st wrote:

How long did it take you guys to get the card? Jw

App'd on the evening of the 11/6 (a Saturday night), approved later that night, and STILL waiting for card (10 days expired today).  Giving Amex the benefit of Sunday the 7th and Veteran's Day in there somewhere, I suppose it will arrive tomorrow or Thursday.  If not, I'll be on the phone to them in short order.

I AM glad that I'm back in the Amex family, and I'm glad that Amex opened the door just a little wider to allow someone like me (back) in--someone who needed a second chance to rebuild his credit, regrets the way he handled that good credit in the past, and is anxious to prove his newfound financial responsibilty.  Viva Zync!

I am actually surprised it is taking that long. I believe it was 6 business days for my card to arrive. I am sure it will be there soon. Just keep in mind it is 7-10 business days, not counting weekends and federal holidays. So today is only day 7. You should have it before the week is over. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 74 of 106
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

For everyone that applied recently, did all of you get the 10,000 points?

When I log into my account, it shows "Available Points: 0"  "Available Points Advance: 5,000".

Doesn't look like I got 10,000.

I just made my first purchse on the card too. will see what happens when it hits.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 75 of 106
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Well I applied and it said they couldn't reach a decision in the 60 seconds but they'll send me an answer via my email.  That's usually a no in my case.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 76 of 106
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@crazysxycool wrote:

Well I applied and it said they couldn't reach a decision in the 60 seconds but they'll send me an answer via my email.  That's usually a no in my case.

Don't give up hope just yet.  Same thing happened in my case, and I was sure it was a "no."  Received the approval email about an hour and a half later.  Others have had the same thing happen, only to be approved.

Actually, you can go to Amex's website and search for "Status of Application" to find a link to your status.  That's how I found out I was approved after about 30 minutes.  Then I received the approval email about an hour later.  Good luck!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 77 of 106
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@OnWayUpinTexas wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

Don't give up hope just yet.  Same thing happened in my case, and I was sure it was a "no."  Received the approval email about an hour and a half later.  Others have had the same thing happen, only to be approved.

Actually, you can go to Amex's website and search for "Status of Application" to find a link to your status.  That's how I found out I was approved after about 30 minutes.  Then I received the approval email about an hour later.  Good luck!

I'm actually scared to check.  LOL.  Thanks for the good luck wishes though.

Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)

Message 78 of 106
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

To everyone who recently applied for this card and received it, you probably have a good score with Experian.  To make the long story short, I was denied.  I applied on the bases given by one of their chat reps (what score was needed was my main concern) before I even submitted an application.  If you read the FAQ, there's a number you can call to speak with a representative to get more information on their decision.  PER the rep I spoke with, she said you HAVE to have a 720 or higher with income at least $20k.  I only applied because the chat rep told me there was no exact score needed.  The phone rep said she was filing a complaint and having someone to call me back because I was given false information and explain this to them when they call.

So if you're interested in this card, I'd say be careful before applying especially if you don't know your score with Experian.  I knew mine and still got declined.

I'm done applying for a while.

Message 79 of 106
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@crazysxycool wrote:

To everyone who recently applied for this card and received it, you probably have a good score with Experian.  To make the long story short, I was denied.  I applied on the bases given by one of their chat reps (what score was needed was my main concern) before I even submitted an application.  If you read the FAQ, there's a number you can call to speak with a representative to get more information on their decision.  PER the rep I spoke with, she said you HAVE to have a 720 or higher with income at least $20k.  I only applied because the chat rep told me there was no exact score needed.  The phone rep said she was filing a complaint and having someone to call me back because I was given false information and explain this to them when they call.

So if you're interested in this card, I'd say be careful before applying especially if you don't know your score with Experian.  I knew mine and still got declined.

I'm done applying for a while.

I don't believe the 720 pre-req. My score with EX would have been lower than both my TU and EQ FICO since EX is showing a bad account that the other two have deleted. TU 725, EQ either 713 or 711 (at the time of application) So there's no way that 720 was possible.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Message 80 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.