Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The all new Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official visa live date for Costco

Thanks for the great info, OP.  Left unsaid is whether Costco will start accepting Visa prior to June 20.  Is it a hard cutover from AmEx to Visa, or will there be some overlap period where registers will accept both?

Chris.

Message 371 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah, one other question.  I have two TrueEarnings card, the personal one and the business edition, with the different rewards structures.  Will I get two different Citi Visa cards,and if so, will they be any different, rewards or otherwise?

Chris.

Message 372 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco and Citi Bank Visa

Got some news for you guys , I'll let you know later on tonight !
Message 373 of 551
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How about Costco 1%... Sam's Club 2%? That would be pretty hilarious if they pulled that off! Smiley Very Happy

Hahaha...Use your card everywhere Visa is accepted for 2% cashback and remember to use your at Costco card for 1% cashback!

*Edited*  For those who can leverage UR points, the best Costco card will be the new Freedom 1.5%, assuming that it's a Visa, which it should be, given it's what Chase prefers.

Message 374 of 551
JBjunior
New Contributor

Is there somewhere we need to subscribe and pay a subscription fee in order for you to reveal your wonderful news?

Message 375 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

As has always been the case, except for Costco inhouse gas, the best "Costco" card is any non-Costco branded Visa.  For instance, Fid Visa, Venture, BofA Travel Rewards and the many Visas earning >1%.  Even using Visa GCs would offer a better return on spend than using the Citi Costco when in Costco.

+1

Same goes for Sam's Club... the only time I've used my Sam's Club MasterCard for a Sam's Club purchase was for an online purchase the day I got the card, to get the $20 statement credit. 

Maybe we'll find out that with the Costco Visa card there is something new rewards-wise that hasn't been announced yet.

Hubby uses Double Cash.

Citi Double Cash?

Isn't that a Mastercard? Right now only Amex or Debit cards are accepted so how is that working?

Also... since Citi is the partner for the new Costco Visa, does that mean there is a loophole that you can use Citi's Mastercards too, in addition to any Visa card?

Message 376 of 551
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got some news for you guys , I'll let you know later on tonight !

Looking forward to learning of the news! Smiley Happy

Message 377 of 551
dds2be
Valued Member

No overlap, I believe this is due to our agreement with Amex, that our low swipe fee from them is due to them being the only credit we accept, so we must honor that agreement. Last day for Amex, June 19th. all Visa cards accepted on The 20th. 

Age 28
BOFA Cash Rewards:25k
Citi Premier :16.7k
Citi Costco Visa:19.2k
Amex SPG: 30k
Macy's: 20k
care credit :15k Express: 3.2k Dillards : 5k
Amex Platinum :NPSL
CSP: 15k
Chase Marriot: 25K
Chase Freedom 15k
Capital One Venture 30k

Fico Scores as of 10/2018: EX: 772, EQ: 782 TU: 778
Message 378 of 551
dds2be
Valued Member

Yes there will be 2 types, business and personal and you will be issued one of each if you have both kinds of true earnings cards. Rewards should be higher for the business version. Won't know for sure until April 5th. Rewards from what we have been told are going to be better than what true earnings offered card members. 

Age 28
Chase Freedom 15k
Capital One Venture 30k

Message 379 of 551
dds2be
Valued Member

No unfortunately it will be only Visa cards. 

Age 28
Chase Freedom 15k
Capital One Venture 30k

Message 380 of 551
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.