Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best CC offer ever!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The best CC offer ever!

What exactly is Innovis? I had a credit repair person helping me a few years ago, and all of his inquiries were through this CB INNOVIS.  I did not know they were hard pulls but  I guess they were.  What is the background on this Innovis and was it a bad thing to be associated with it?

This person was referred to me from a friend so I kind of trusted him, but looking back on it, I could have done what he did myself. He charged me around $ 1,000.  I think he basically verified some accounts and that was about it.  He also negotiated a settlement with a CC I had that was charged off.  He told me to pay him and he would buy a money order and send to the company. He said he did it  but the CC company had no record of it so I wound up paying twice to settle that debt. 

This was a few years ago when I started cleaning up my credit.  My scores at that time were in the 580 range. After alot of hard work, persistence,etc., my scores are now, EQ- 786 and TU- 775.

As you'll know it was some painful lessons to have to learn.  Of course now I am obsessed with my credit scores and probably spend too much money on Score Watch and buying my Fico scores fairly often.

Did I hear that there are coupons somewhere to buy the my fico scores?

cpacfp

Message 11 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did I hear that there are coupons somewhere to buy the my fico scores?

Yes...Google "myFICO discount coupons" or discount codes. Sometimes you have to try one or two of them to get one to work, but you can usually get 20-25-30% off. I used one for my annual emrollment.

Message 12 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sounds like bait for those who need to hide high util and are willing to pay an astonishing fee for it.

hauling...nope. This isn't even a credit card. It's a membership card that "lets" you shop at their online mall.

It's unbelievable that people actually go for this stuff.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I guess this is the price I pay for basically 'flying under the radar". I haven't applied for credit in over 8 years, turn down offers for credit cards and CLI's, and have never checked my Credit Scores.

If I had  known I could be receiving valuable offers like this, I would become more proactive.Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sounds like bait for those who need to hide high util and are willing to pay an astonishing fee for it.

The amazing thing is these things are advertised on the Experian and Transunion product sites (TrueCredit and CCT).  The CRA's don't appear to care who advertises what. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.