cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best card that pulls ..!!!APPROVED for GOLD!!!!!

tag
cabronsaim
Contributor

The best card that pulls ..!!!APPROVED for GOLD!!!!!

AMEX GOLD APPROVED!!!

YAY!!!!    YAY!!!       YAY!!

They must really want my $125 huh ???

HAHAHA....

Cant dance but would if i could  (Had surgery  on foot yesterday)

I now have TU at 678 FICO, 725 Transrisk (creditkarma) and 808 vantgagescore (creditkarma).

Interested in Discover More, AMEX Zinc, Travelocty Barclay's, Walmart Discover, and AMEX Gold.

As I previously stated in another thread, my balances are now the lowest they have and will be for another year or so, so this is my chance, problem is not all CR's report at the same time.

So my chance is now, what should i apply for? My best bet is for barclay's. travelocity, bt my heart is with AMEX gold (they ve been sending me pre approvals after doing some SP's on me)

Please note that the idea behind apping for something right now is to add a credit line and, if possible, more available credit to help offset the ratio.

I know AMEX will only do the 1st, bt if I was to get AMEX i probably wouldnt mind not getting an increase in my available credit

I am in San DIego, CA

My TU credit report:

4 HP's, one auto acct that i finished paying in 09 but was late 120 days in 05.

One settled medical collection from 07.

total available credit 4750:

BOFA= 3.00 / 1000   CAP1= 70.00/1750   CITI = 871.00/2000.

ratio is 19.87%

AAoA 2 years 2 months

Equifax is:

665 fico, 5 hp's the same baddie from TU plus one more for an installment account that went to collections but is now paid., thats from '05.

ratio is 19.87%, same account balances.

Ex is the same as equifax but has 9 HP's and the balance from citi is paid down to 30 dlls.

Obviously this wold be better than the others but im afraid of the HP's. Wold rather not apply for any card that hits EX

3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Whats the best card that pulls Only TU or TU/EX ?? ===> Ready to fire!

Amex  hits EX almost exclusively.

Discover usually pulls EQ.

Walmart pulls TU.  That'd be what I'd recommend.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 27
cabronsaim
Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Amex  hits EX almost exclusively.

Discover usually pulls EQ.

<b>Walmart pulls TU.</b>  That'd be what I'd recommend.  Smiley Happy

Same thing i hear from Barclays...... Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Paid collection has equal meaning to unpaid collection. Computer does not distinguish between paid and unpaid. To computer it means negative info on your credit report. You should send in good will letter to get that collection deleted.

AMEX pulls Experian exclusively, and will only pull both EQ and TU as well when your EX report is on borderline. Discover (in CA) and Barclays pulls TU. Walmart might pulls TU or EQ.

Only card you have a good shot at is AMEX Gold. That is because AMEX Gold is a charge card. You have to pay in full with charge card, you cannot revolve balance in charge card. Charge card does not add credit limit to your account, because it has flexible spending limit (no pre-set spending limit). As for how high that spending limit can be only AMEX knows.

Message 4 of 27
cabronsaim
Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Paid collection has equal meaning to unpaid collection. Computer does not distinguish between paid and unpaid. To computer it means negative info on your credit report. You should send in good will letter to get that collection deleted.

AMEX pulls Experian exclusively, and will only pull both EQ and TU as well when your EX report is on borderline. Discover (in CA) and Barclays pulls TU. Walmart might pulls TU or EQ.

Only card you have a good shot at is AMEX Gold. That is because AMEX Gold is a charge card. You have to pay in full with charge card, you cannot revolve balance in charge card. Charge card does not add credit limit to your account, because it has flexible spending limit (no pre-set spending limit). As for how high that spending limit can be only AMEX knows.

Yo don think that those 9 HP's will scare them away?

Message 5 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Difficult to say. AMEX pulls your EX FICO score. Then use FICO score to calculate their own AMEX Risk Score.

AMEX Zync is also a charge card, and is easier to get than Gold. Forgot to mention that.

Message 6 of 27
cabronsaim
Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Difficult to say. AMEX pulls your EX FICO score. Then use FICO score to calculate their own AMEX Risk Score.

AMEX Zync is also a charge card, and is easier to get than Gold. Forgot to mention that.

Oh wow.....

Ok, so can i shoot 2 bullets?

First barclays (TU puller) , then, regardless of result, Amex gold (ex puller)?

Message 7 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Don't!

Barclay is very sensitive in the first 6 months should you approve. If Barclay see a inquiry or a new account it is likely they will CLD or close your account.

I say just went for ZYNC or Gold instead.

Message 8 of 27
cabronsaim
Contributor

what about walmart, then amex? 

Message 9 of 27
cabronsaim
Contributor

also, if i app for gold and get the boot, will they offer zinc? or will i be at a total loss with amex?

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.