cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best no AF no FTF with chip and pin Visa or MasterCard?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

The best no AF no FTF with chip and pin Visa or MasterCard?

I am looking for one to use overseas. Thank you!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
icantsurf
Valued Member

Maybe SDFCU?

Maybe SDFCU?

Starting Score: EX: 678 EQ: 677 TU: 667 03/06/2013
Current Score: EX: 684 EQ: 687 TU: 705 03/31/2014 / Last App: 08/04/2013 / In the Garden Until: 01/04/2013

NPSL           $5000           $3000           $3000           $2500           $2000           $1000            $1000           $1000           
Message 2 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Maybe SDFCU?

Message 3 of 13
dta
New Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

BofA Travel Rewards?

I believe this card is chip and signature.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 4 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I use the Citi TYP for international travel.

Message 5 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: The best no AF no FTF with chip and pin Visa or MasterCard?

its extremely rare for any US lender to provide chip and pin. 

Most chips are chip and sig.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 13
pkosheta
Contributor

PenFed Platinum Rewards. No ForEx, No annual Fee, rewards are above average too.  It does require a PenFed membership which is easy to get, but PenFed is notorious for giving low limits to new members or flat out denying them cards.  Chip and Pin is new for PenFed and must be requested when you sign up for the Card as it is not the default option.  Never tested it in Europe when I went in May because I never needed to, but sure wish I had the chance.  Everywhere I went was willing to take a regular swipe card.  Though I felt better knowing I had it in my pocket.

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 7 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@dta wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

BofA Travel Rewards?

I believe this card is chip and signature.

My bad. There's a list here but I didn't see too many like enharu said.

Message 8 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pkosheta wrote:

PenFed Platinum Rewards. No ForEx, No annual Fee, rewards are above average too.  It does require a PenFed membership which is easy to get, but PenFed is notorious for giving low limits to new members or flat out denying them cards.  Chip and Pin is new for PenFed and must be requested when you sign up for the Card as it is not the default option.  Never tested it in Europe when I went in May because I never needed to, but sure wish I had the chance.  Everywhere I went was willing to take a regular swipe card.  Though I felt better knowing I had it in my pocket.

I used it in Chip&Sig mode (it only requests a PIN in certain situations, and I never ran into one).  Good rewards, but this card has been replaced by the Visa Sig version, which has less good rewards.

Message 9 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

I use the Citi TYP for international travel.

Thank You Preferred?  Or Premier?  Or Prestige? They are all chip&sig rather than chip&pin, and the Preferred has a FTF.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.