Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The blacklist workout....

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The blacklist workout....

Ok. I've recently (over the past few months) pursued, attempted, pitched, blabbed, etc..etc.. to recon with a few recent denials, from which I've proven to myself that both Citi, and Chase will never have anything to do with me ever, ever, ever again...

Discover forgave me after nearly twelve years, but the one I'm really waiting on is Barclays...I decided to test the waters (13 yrs later), and apped on the 24th. It's still pending (seven to ten day notice still up as of this morning).

Place your bets!! Place your bets!!

I'm not going to rush it. I'll wait for the churn out from the computer/underwriter, then recon if needed.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The blacklist workout....

I still have the letter Discover sent me in 1997 saying I had to return my card to them and that I can never ever do business with them again. In 2009 I showed them.

Message 2 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'll get back into their graces eventually. After all, computers break down, and are replaced eventually (with data loss)???Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You'll get there. I went on a 10-yr credit hiatus for most of that time and didn't try again until 2007. I had FICOs in the 500s with a report full of baddies and no CCs when I did try with Discover and it was no wonder I was denied. But they never referenced my blacklist. I focused on repair and tried again in 2009 and was approved. 

Message 4 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'm just happy that Amex, and GE weren't part of the original "collateral damage." Kinda feels like I'm slumming now, trying to re-establish prior burns back into my wallet.

Message 5 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

Most baddies are forgiven with time I think.

I burnt BOA pretty bad between 2006-2007. I was told that they could never give me a card. I worked on my credit and got my scores up. Fast forward to early 2012, applied for the BOA 123 privileges and got instant approval with a $15K CL then.

CITI on the other hand, I have never had a card with them nor any other products. Applied 3 times, always denied.

Message 6 of 13
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Toes crossed for you.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 7 of 13
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

BOA, and Discover have forgiven me (short leash I'm sure, with the AR's I'm seeing), but Citi/Chase will most likely be at the 15+ for me. Those are the two that slam the door outright.

Message 8 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

have you tried calling recon about your barclays app yet?

best of luck keep us updated!

For Chase, I think you could always call in to recon and ask. A few people eventually got approved despite burning them before, but its a YMMV situation.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.