Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cap 1 "can't PC" PC

tag
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

The cap 1 "can't PC" PC

I contacted exec office via email a few weeks ago (posted in cap 1 exec thread) and when they called me, I asked for a CLI from 1250 to 5000 and a product change to the jimmy Fallon card from the "no hassle" rewards card with annual fee. I was told that a pc would be very difficult if not impossible, so was asked what I liked about the card. I said the lack of annual fee and the 50% annual cash back bonus. She immediately removed the annual fee (forever), called a week later to say the 5k credit limit was approved and today called to say that she couldn't do a pc, but did get me approved for 1% cash back on all purchases with 50% annual bonus. So pretty much what I would have gotten with a pc. I'm thrilled, but posted as a warning/hint to others: if they say they can't pc, try asking for everything the other card offers, just don't call it a pc. Best of luck to those going this route.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: The cap 1 "can't PC" PC

Yes, I did a similar thing, getting my 1.25% No Hassle Rewards converted to a 1% + .5% bonus card.  (Which is what I wanted, even though is probably a totally insignificant change in actual money value, as you wait 6 months on average for the .5%, rather than getting .25 all the time!)  I just said I wanted that reward structure, rather than talking about changing the card, and she said she thought that was no problem, and the next done it was done.

I guess things are much more flexible at the Exec Office!  Wish I thought to have it made into a signature card but that's ok.

Message 2 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'm wondering if I can get the cash back structure on my Secured card...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

I contacted exec office via email a few weeks ago (posted in cap 1 exec thread) and when they called me, I asked for a CLI from 1250 to 5000 and a product change to the jimmy Fallon card from the "no hassle" rewards card with annual fee. I was told that a pc would be very difficult if not impossible, so was asked what I liked about the card. I said the lack of annual fee and the 50% annual cash back bonus. She immediately removed the annual fee (forever), called a week later to say the 5k credit limit was approved and today called to say that she couldn't do a pc, but did get me approved for 1% cash back on all purchases with 50% annual bonus. So pretty much what I would have gotten with a pc. I'm thrilled, but posted as a warning/hint to others: if they say they can't pc, try asking for everything the other card offers, just don't call it a pc. Best of luck to those going this route.

I would request a letter stating that sounds kinda weird, but hey if it works who cares right? =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 5
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Well, it works.   On the web site, my card used to show something like 444 miles (just cashed a lot in!) and there is a section to describe the reward plan.  That used to say 1.25 miles per dollar, now it says 1% cashback with 50% annual bonus, and it went to $4.44 Cash Back.

I want to see what the new statement says though, due to close tomorrow.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.