Established Contributor
Cdnewmanpac

The cap 1 "can't PC" PC

I contacted exec office via email a few weeks ago (posted in cap 1 exec thread) and when they called me, I asked for a CLI from 1250 to 5000 and a product change to the jimmy Fallon card from the "no hassle" rewards card with annual fee. I was told that a pc would be very difficult if not impossible, so was asked what I liked about the card. I said the lack of annual fee and the 50% annual cash back bonus. She immediately removed the annual fee (forever), called a week later to say the 5k credit limit was approved and today called to say that she couldn't do a pc, but did get me approved for 1% cash back on all purchases with 50% annual bonus. So pretty much what I would have gotten with a pc. I'm thrilled, but posted as a warning/hint to others: if they say they can't pc, try asking for everything the other card offers, just don't call it a pc. Best of luck to those going this route.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Valued Contributor
bs6054

Re: The cap 1 "can't PC" PC

Yes, I did a similar thing, getting my 1.25% No Hassle Rewards converted to a 1% + .5% bonus card.  (Which is what I wanted, even though is probably a totally insignificant change in actual money value, as you wait 6 months on average for the .5%, rather than getting .25 all the time!)  I just said I wanted that reward structure, rather than talking about changing the card, and she said she thought that was no problem, and the next done it was done.

I guess things are much more flexible at the Exec Office!  Wish I thought to have it made into a signature card but that's ok.

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

I'm wondering if I can get the cash back structure on my Secured card...

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $2750
Established Contributor
distantarray

Cdnewmanpac wrote:

I contacted exec office via email a few weeks ago (posted in cap 1 exec thread) and when they called me, I asked for a CLI from 1250 to 5000 and a product change to the jimmy Fallon card from the "no hassle" rewards card with annual fee. I was told that a pc would be very difficult if not impossible, so was asked what I liked about the card. I said the lack of annual fee and the 50% annual cash back bonus. She immediately removed the annual fee (forever), called a week later to say the 5k credit limit was approved and today called to say that she couldn't do a pc, but did get me approved for 1% cash back on all purchases with 50% annual bonus. So pretty much what I would have gotten with a pc. I'm thrilled, but posted as a warning/hint to others: if they say they can't pc, try asking for everything the other card offers, just don't call it a pc. Best of luck to those going this route.

I would request a letter stating that sounds kinda weird, but hey if it works who cares right? =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
bs6054

Well, it works.   On the web site, my card used to show something like 444 miles (just cashed a lot in!) and there is a section to describe the reward plan.  That used to say 1.25 miles per dollar, now it says 1% cashback with 50% annual bonus, and it went to $4.44 Cash Back.

I want to see what the new statement says though, due to close tomorrow.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+