cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The card I'm longing for today is...

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: The card I'm longing for today is...

@MrDisco99 wrote:

My craving...

Achieveable plan - Amex Delta Gold - 60K bonus, keep for a year, or more depending on how much I like it.

In my dreams - CNB Crystal Visa Infinite - 3x on gas/groceries/restaurants, 100K bonus, no FTF, $100 travel credit, global entry credit.  I'd use this card for everything and rack up on vacation travel.  They only offer this card during limited times and in limited markets, though.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with what I have now.  I got a lot of satisfying app cravings out of the way over the last few months.  I would like to grab some more bonuses where I can (Venture, Arrival+, BoA Premium) but I'll chase those after things cool off for a bit.  Also, a CSP would be nice, but I'm at least a couple years away from that.

I've never heard of the CNB Crystal Visa Infinite. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 31 of 76
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous   Congrats on your back in with Chase. I see there is life after chargeoff.

@K           Make me an AU and Ill help with the spend

1) I would take a $500 Freedom card but thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

2) I would take a $15k Blispay because they dont give CLIs

2. Hahahahahahahahaha... That doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 32 of 76
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My chargeoff story is pretty hilarious because whenever I would see a banker, on their screen in big red font it would say something like CUSTOMER HAS A CHARGEOFF.  It was there for years.  My personal banker would always chuckle at it.

I have no idea if that is still there, I may go into the branch tomorrow to peek.

WOW. 😮

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 33 of 76
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Viva-LV wrote:

Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate: 3/2/1 card.  Apped and denied last year, but have an auto loan with them.  Maybe next year.....they're a little touchy about # of accounts and inquiries.  Only two new accounts/6 inquiries this year, so, maybe late spring.

Good luck next year! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 34 of 76
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't really have a need for another card but I would love if Citibank would let us PC our Citi Forward cards into something else preferably into the Double Cash but that's wishful thinking lol Plus, the Paypal 2% CB card covers my needs there so it's not really needed.

If I had to choose it'll probably be the US Bank Cash+ card since you can choose your own catergories. What's stopping me? I've opened 4 new accounts and a SSL these past two months and I don't really need any other cards right now. Plus, my reports are frozen and I'm too lazy to lift the freeze in order to app lol It just seems like a hassle and I'd probably get denied anyway lol 

Ha! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 35 of 76
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@iced wrote:

...a T-206 Honus Wagner. Had my chance to own one back in the 90s and missed it.

As for credit cards, nothing comes to mind as I have the one I want already.

Absolutely fascinating!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 36 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently longing for 2 cards

Sapphire Reserve: the last card I want for my newly updated set that match our spend best for what we want in rewards/cb. I've got a CSP and with summer trips & Disney world in February, along with lots of dining out with visiting family, this baby has an a LOT of use since opening in August. Perfect travel card for us & I want to get that extra 1x. Would have applied for reserve but I was not at all confident I could make the min $10k SL - plus I was pre-approved for the CSP so figured I'd start there. Once I hit 6mo I'll request either a PC to reserve if I think they'll give my the 5k I need to make it, or just a CLI and see if it gets me there then PC. If those don't pan out I'll open a Ritz and fold it into my CSP then PC to reserve. I won't be under 5/24 until Aug 2019. This is basically my endgame card after which I don't any further desires.

Amex BCP. Again a story of wanting the upgrade to the better but more expensive version of a card I own already, the BCE. Have to wait a year due to CARD act if I want to upgrade. Based on our grocery spend we're missing out big time having 50% less cb than the preferred - once I do my 1st disco cli next week & first NFCU CLI in January I'll likely just open a new BCP rather than wait another 10mo to upgrade.

Other than these two quality of life improvements over existing cards I don't have any realistic longings. Maybe limitless but sometimes when I consider the 1% difference it would earn over my existing non-category flat rate cards the meager extra cash doesn't justify the AAOA & 5/24 hit i would take by opening it
Message 37 of 76
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Currently longing for 2 cards

Sapphire Reserve: the last card I want for my newly updated set that match our spend best for what we want in rewards/cb. I've got a CSP and with summer trips & Disney world in February, along with lots of dining out with visiting family, this baby has an a LOT of use since opening in August. Perfect travel card for us & I want to get that extra 1x. Would have applied for reserve but I was not at all confident I could make the min $10k SL - plus I was pre-approved for the CSP so figured I'd start there. Once I hit 6mo I'll request either a PC to reserve if I think they'll give my the 5k I need to make it, or just a CLI and see if it gets me there then PC. If those don't pan out I'll open a Ritz and fold it into my CSP then PC to reserve. I won't be under 5/24 until Aug 2019. This is basically my endgame card after which I don't any further desires.

Amex BCP. Again a story of wanting the upgrade to the better but more expensive version of a card I own already, the BCE. Have to wait a year due to CARD act if I want to upgrade. Based on our grocery spend we're missing out big time having 50% less cb than the preferred - once I do my 1st disco cli next week & first NFCU CLI in January I'll likely just open a new BCP rather than wait another 10mo to upgrade.

Other than these two quality of life improvements over existing cards I don't have any realistic longings. Maybe limitless but sometimes when I consider the 1% difference it would earn over my existing non-category flat rate cards the meager extra cash doesn't justify the AAOA & 5/24 hit i would take by opening it

Sounds like a solid plan! Good luck on the CSR & Amex BCP!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 38 of 76
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Next year:
* Upgrade CSP to CSR.
* Once back under 5/24, add Freedom to compliment CSP/R.
* Add PSECU classic for good low/no cost card to toss Balance Transfers onto if I want/need to carry a balance. (Since CSP and other similar rewards cards are not conducive to balance carrying.)
* PC AMEX EDP to something else. (Not sure yet.)
Message 39 of 76
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@RadioRob wrote:
Next year:
* Upgrade CSP to CSR.
* Once back under 5/24, add Freedom to compliment CSP/R.
* Add PSECU classic for good low/no cost card to toss Balance Transfers onto if I want/need to carry a balance. (Since CSP and other similar rewards cards are not conducive to balance carrying.)
* PC AMEX EDP to something else. (Not sure yet.)

Another good plan! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 40 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.