cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cards I just recently got accepted for(and declined) with only 2 years credit history.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The cards I just recently got accepted for(and declined) with only 2 years credit history.

Citi Forward(for College Students)- 4K

American Express Zync

Amazon Store card- 1K

Chase Freedom(declined)

Details: 2 years credit history, only 1 cc($800 limit store card), 0 utiliz, AAoA 6months, and I had a few new loans for school recently taken out. 

YAY for me!

Hope this posts helps others out in determining what cards you can reasonably apply for with such short credit history. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: The cards I just recently got accepted for(and declined) with only 2 years credit history.

Congrats on approvals! If you don't mind me asking, What are your credit scores? I recently got declined for the citi thank you preferred but I was going to see if I was eligible for the forward college card using the same inquiry if they are able to do that.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The cards I just recently got accepted for(and declined) with only 2 years credit history.

Congrats,

I would say it's time to garden, let these baby's grow, and your AAoA to recover.

Message 3 of 6
Guava
Established Contributor

Congrats! 2 prime banks in Citi and Amex are great to garden around!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

don't forget in 3-4 months to ask for CLI on citi... they are like clock work.

and if interested in 6 months of Zync use, go back and get a credit card product with them.

Amazon also every 4-6 months you can ask for CLI.. never hard.

Great starting line on Citi considering your only other tradeline at time.

Message 5 of 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Great job!  I would defiinitely recon Chase.  I applied 5/23 for the Freedom and was declined as well.  I attempted my first recon and it worked!  Call their back door number!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.