Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The devastating inquiry

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Re: The devastating inquiry

@Involver wrote:

INQs are generally just an ancillary reason for denial.

Of course there are exceptions (FNBO, US Bank).

Agree +!0!  I guess if they follow a strict algorithm then  X number of inquiries will stop you every time.  So why does my credit grow!!!!!.  Despite tons of inq I have managed to surpass the 100K mark in the past year of rebuilding.  Every recon I have done related to inquiries this year most successful except for Citi and Amex.

Message 11 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: The devastating inquiry

it honestly depends on your file, and also the lender's policies.

Inquiries made within the past 3-6 months have the biggest impact on your CR. Some lenders however, may also review all inquiries that are on file, regardless of whether they are 1 month, or 23 months old. If you have a derog or something that you are not exactly proud of on your CR, then lenders are most likely going to review inquiries over a longer period of time.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.