The downside of good credit

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: The downside of good credit

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

My situation exactly except for "

Ah...the wonders of marriage to a man who doesnt understand that every dime we make isn't supposed to go in his buddies gas tank for fishing..  some of it has to go towards bills :/. Smiley LOL

I'll see your hubby and raise you a wife who has never worked outside the home and complains that her 2012 KIA Sedona doesn't have a DVD player - even as it has Sirius radio and rolled off the lot with ZERO miles last September Smiley Very Happy

Disclaimer: I love her so much it hurts to be away from her for 5 minutes...and I have likely spoiled her this way

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 131 of 133
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just don't understand what the post has to do with credit.  You don't need spectacular credit to get a Platinum card, you just need to be willing to spend 500 a year on it, or travel enough to make the fee worth it.  In either case, you're probably doing quite well financially to get it.  The guy he had dinner with didn't think the OP was poor and then was all of a sudden blown away by his fancy card.  Let's face it, if the OP comes to a forum full of people who just declared bankruptcy and casually mentions his "great income" I seriously doubt he's shy about mentioning it in real life.  The post is about having money and having a girlfriend who drags her poor friends to things they can't afford.

Lesscryptic,

Not everyone is here because they are low income or have declared bankruptcy.  Some of us have just been irresponsible with our credit or have high debt levels. Some of us are here to better understand credit and credit scoring, or for advice on bettering those numbers.  As a community we are here to support each other, not to judge each other.  The post was NOT about "having money and having a girlfriend who drags her poor friends to things they can't afford." but rather about being stereotyped and having your generosity taken advantage of. Putting someone (whether they have more money than you or not)  in a position to pay for you when they have not offered to do so is wrong and socially unacceptable. The OP was sharing an experience that had to do with his CC, the subject of this forum.

Aint that the truth.

Some of us are here because before we married we actually had great credit and within 6 months of marrying a spend freak we were living week to week and our credit score was lower than the temperature on a cool day.

I remember a day when my credit was great and I had 2 or 3 uncashed paychecks in my wallet. Those were the days. I made more money than I needed. Mostly because Im not a spending lunatic like the ex.

Even had my own business for about 7 years making between 50 and 150 an hour, depending on the job.

Ah...the wonders of marriage to a woman who doesnt understand that blank checks arent actually money. Smiley LOL

WHAT? Really? Says who?

Write the check. It spends just like money. LMAO! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 132 of 133
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just don't understand what the post has to do with credit.  You don't need spectacular credit to get a Platinum card, you just need to be willing to spend 500 a year on it, or travel enough to make the fee worth it.  In either case, you're probably doing quite well financially to get it.  The guy he had dinner with didn't think the OP was poor and then was all of a sudden blown away by his fancy card.  Let's face it, if the OP comes to a forum full of people who just declared bankruptcy and casually mentions his "great income" I seriously doubt he's shy about mentioning it in real life.  The post is about having money and having a girlfriend who drags her poor friends to things they can't afford.

Lesscryptic,

Not everyone is here because they are low income or have declared bankruptcy.  Some of us have just been irresponsible with our credit or have high debt levels. Some of us are here to better understand credit and credit scoring, or for advice on bettering those numbers.  As a community we are here to support each other, not to judge each other.  The post was NOT about "having money and having a girlfriend who drags her poor friends to things they can't afford." but rather about being stereotyped and having your generosity taken advantage of. Putting someone (whether they have more money than you or not)  in a position to pay for you when they have not offered to do so is wrong and socially unacceptable. The OP was sharing an experience that had to do with his CC, the subject of this forum.

Aint that the truth.

Some of us are here because before we married we actually had great credit and within 6 months of marrying a spend freak we were living week to week and our credit score was lower than the temperature on a cool day.

I remember a day when my credit was great and I had 2 or 3 uncashed paychecks in my wallet. Those were the days. I made more money than I needed. Mostly because Im not a spending lunatic like the ex.

Even had my own business for about 7 years making between 50 and 150 an hour, depending on the job.

Ah...the wonders of marriage to a woman who doesnt understand that blank checks arent actually money. Smiley LOL

WHAT? Really? Says who?

Write the check. It spends just like money. LMAO! Smiley Very Happy

If it clears....................Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 133 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.