Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Drapping or regular app-itch

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

The dreaded Drapping or regular app-itch

I've noticed lately a lot of people dealing with app-itch.  Smiley Sad

Points to remember.  Do NOT app if  you've had a drink in either hand at all that day, drink in one hand, and mouse in the other makes for a probable HP for nothing. Smiley Surprised

If you're questioning apping for any reason (wanting to keep INQs low, have a goal), remember, you can always let the app-itch fade so you look at it more clearly a day or two later.  Unless it's a 300 cash back bonus that's going to expire that night, there's really no need to race to the submit button. 

Always LOOK at your reports first and sleep on the idea, you may change your mind.  Also thoroughly  research what you're thinking of apping for (this alone may kill an app-itch).  These boards with the search function and "whogavemecredit" are great tools and highly informative if you choose to use them.

Remember, if you plan and time  your apps and your HPs well, you'll meet your credit goals sooooo much quicker. That is a fact, believe me.

Best anti-app-itch suggestions I can throw out there right now.  

Maybe it's the time change or spring being close.  But don't let an app-itch win over a goal you might have.

Please feel free to print this out and keep it near your apping device in case of emergency.  Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rtw
Established Contributor

Re: The dreaded Drapping or regular app-itch

Thanks for the post! Not feeling the itch tonight but I am sure it's only temporary relief.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Thanks...I needed to be reminded. It's hard to 'come down ' after a successful mini spree!
Message 3 of 14
Phizzle
New Contributor

Man, I wish I had come across this thread five minutes ago.

Bahahaha, I kid. I just got approved for Barclays so that is my anti-itch cream for 6 months or so! Good advice... make sure to sleep on a drap itch.

Message 4 of 14
eviLution
Established Contributor

Can you provide us with a 16 step program?

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 14
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Steps program...nice.Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Oh my god. I came SOOO close tonight. Its not even funny.lol.

I've been wanting to get a revolving line from amex for some time now. I already have their charge card, but I want to build a better history with them. I went to the amex website, typed all my personal info in for the AMEX BCE, clicked 'continue'. It asked me to confirm my info, and I pressed 'confirm'. (Mind you, right when I pressed confirm, I tried to lie to myself saying I did it on accident...LOL.) then the terms and conditions popped up as far as the interest rates,fees, etc. So at that point, I had to CONFIRM AGAIN...and I quickly hit 'Command + Q' (for all you mac users out there) and it Xed out of the internet....lol. The itch is still there though.lol.

and the sad part is I JUST STARTED GARDENING ABOUT 7 HOURS AGO!!!! lol

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 7 of 14
mauve
Valued Contributor

I think that reading app itch threads, especially the "how to deal with the app itch" is really aggravating my app itchiness.

Reading them makes me want to go to the apple store website and get a new computer. I found out yesterday while writing GW letters that my colon key no longer works. Also, my computer is from 2006.

But....I....waaaaannnnnt.....

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
drkaje
Senior Contributor

My itch is pretty much non-existent.

I still occasionally try to convince myself things like: the TU score makes a WalMart Discover worth having or some future home improvement project may make a Lowes card worth getting now, LOL!

I have too many cards and plan on closing 1 annually, beginning in two years. By then I should have no problem getting by on three PIF cards.

TBH, it's the close-itch I struggle most with. Talked myself out of closing Chase Freedom and USAA Amex this week but settled on them being moved from sock drawer to shredder.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
mauve
Valued Contributor

Hah - I'm resisting the urge to dump cards as well, but they're my oldest cards and none of the rest are similar in age. I just got a new Target Visa in the mail. I was unaware that the old one was expiring because, well, it's so sock-drawered I don't remember where I put it. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.