Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The guessing game with kohl's

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

The guessing game with kohl's

anyone have any luck on getting an cli recently?

ive been trying since early july. and everytime they respond with that their internal system is being updated but there is no time frame on when. 

i even joked before the end of the world? and the rep told me that there was no answer but hopefully will be up and running shortly. 

lower limits suck. 

400 limit 

9 month card. 

always pif 

put through about 1k on this card. 

wanted to buy some jackets (for suits and work) 

guess macy's will get that business (3k limit there)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: The guessing game with kohl's

I have kohls card with 300cl and have had it for 7 months to be honest i dont know why i got it. I have never bought anything there for me. Ive read in other forums that people usually get auto cli when they carry balances but idk
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 14
mrcrush20
New Contributor

correct me if i am worng here but is that card not issued by capone now ? 

if it is good luck with a CLI

UPDATE: just looked at the Kohls card app and  "Authorization: When you apply for a Kohl’s credit card from 

Capital One, N.A. (“Capital One”,“we”, or “us”), you agree to
the following:"

i would not hold my breath for a CLI on this one guys

Message 3 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

from what ive read is that cap one is only the bank that provides the funds and khols itself does everyhing else. 

someone correct me if i misread. 

i believe it was always cap one and people have gotten soft pull cli on this card around june. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 4 of 14
mrcrush20
New Contributor

i think the khols card was issued by GE in the past i am not sure when capone started "issuing" "backing" the card. Weather they just provide the funds or not i would be suprised to see cli... 

can anyone chime in on this? have a KC that got a CLI reccently ?

Message 5 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@mrcrush20 wrote:

i think the khols card was issued by GE in the past i am not sure when capone started "issuing" "backing" the card. Weather they just provide the funds or not i would be suprised to see cli... 

can anyone chime in on this? have a KC that got a CLI reccently ?

well before july? as i have tried since to them responding to a dreaded not at the moment but when you don't succeed try try again. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 6 of 14
mrcrush20
New Contributor

I c well then you are right sir, I doubt that cap one just started backing for KC from GE. 

I would buy at Macy's tho for the suite (if these two are your only options).. Kohl's is pushing the fitted stuff ( looks really nice) but the quality is not as high IMHO Smiley Surprised

wait for a Macy's one day sale or something hahaha I did that for a button up I wanted and was able to buy it for 23 vs. 65. And I was able to charge it to Macy's card even tho I did not have the card on me. Ordered it in store, they were out of my size and shipping was free! PIF as soon as it posted

Message 7 of 14
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

The Kohl's card is Issued by Capital One, it says so on my billing statement. I have been a Kohl's cardmember since 2011 and was given a toy limit of $400. I called twice to get my CLI at different times, one time I called around April then again recently at the beginning of August. The CSR gave me the same excuse twice that they werent granting CL's at this time because they are updating there system. It must be a huge system they are updating because from April that I called to August and still they are at it with the system updating. It would be nice to have a CLI because I shop alot at Kohl's for almost anything but with the small CL I have I am very limited Smiley Sad
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 8 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Yeah it sucks but it is what it is. I'll try one more time in a month or so and then sock drawer it as there's no annual fee. For god sakes there is no magnetic strip either it's a barcode.

Have 400 limit at ae that opened in July but it's ge so by new years I shouldn't have any cards below 500.

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 9 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I got Kohls charge in Jan or Feb of 2009 (under Chase I think before switching to Cap One),  called to ask about  a CLI a few times from the little 300 CL I had with them and no go.  Not long after the switch, I called and asked around May 20th for a CLI, she said she didn't have to pull anything because my card was already eligible for a CLI to 1000.  It didn't show up on any CRs until after I charged something on it however (I let that card sit as 0 for longer than I should at times).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.