Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The guessing game with kohl's

tag
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

Re: The guessing game with kohl's

I opened a Kohls card in August 2011 (I'm pretty sure it was still operated by Capital one then.  Had closed on my mortgage about a month prior, so it didnt show up on my credit report.  Also had a few old collections and some 60+ / 90+ late payments from 5 years ago, nothing bad in the last 3 years.

My starting credit limit was $750.  After 6 months of carrying a small balance (never more than about $300), I called them to ask about a credit limit increase since i had recently purchased  a home and needed buying power to purchase things for the home.

They gave me an immediate credit limit increase to $1500.

To be fair, my income is over $100K, credit scores were in the mid-high 600's when this happened.

Message 11 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Just an update. 

just called kohls and got a girl that was really eunthusiastic about working at a call center. and it got my hopes up. 

i asked straight out for a cli and she goes ok let me pull up your info and let me see what we can do. 

(i was like omg finally) 

after veryfing me she came back with im so sorry but cannot do this at this time. (and its not just me everyone)

the way they handle cli is being revamped. 

it was dissapointing but im not counting on it. 

she said managment has trickled down that i can expect mid/late october as they have been doing this upgrade since june. if they dont do it by december im sure they will be missing out on a lot of business. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The reason sounds very CapOne-y

Their reasons for the past few months for no CLI changed from "You're not eligible" to "You're not eligible because we're reviewing our CLI policy and cannot grant any CLIs until we're finished." 

Message 13 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

The reason sounds very CapOne-y

Their reasons for the past few months for no CLI changed from "You're not eligible" to "You're not eligible because we're reviewing our CLI policy and cannot grant any CLIs until we're finished." 

yeah i dont have any cap one cards and never got any "builder cards as they say"

best buy was financed through hsbc until recently. 

and according to othe posts from this forum that kohls handles everything besides the actual funds. 

i know ive heard things about capone both good and bad but like i said its whatever. 

i know my ge ae card will get an inc in few months. and i have some 500 limit credit cards. all my store cards are above 500 though. so it would be nice to see this one get up there. 

i bought one suit with socks. 

and cost me 206 on 400 limit card.. 

macys got 600 on 3500. 

see the difference. although ive had macys a year and a half more. 

like i stated before it will now be sd. and used once ever 3/4 months for something small. my freedom gives me more incentive to spend at kohls then kohls does. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.