Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The hits keep on coming......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The hits keep on coming......

@northface28 wrote:

Wells Fargo is simply unreal. I called them Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (today) and I have heard 3 different answers. I went ahead and shut the card down even though Ive had it for one day. This type of ineptitude is uncanny. On Saturday, one CSR told me that Wells Fargo doesnt accept payments from outside bank accounts and that I would have to mail in a check or call in to make a payment. Sorry, sir, its not 1986. 

So, I called back the next day. Now, this CSR told me my account is having maintenance performed on it and I will be able to pay my bill online with an outside bank account in 4 hours, this was at 9 pm CST yesterday. I log in today at 5 pm CST to enter my banking info, guess what? I still get the same error message. So these guys are either liars, incompetent, or both.

At this juncture, im pretty annoyed, I call back today and get passed around the phone like a cheap strumpet. Now this new CSR tells me I need a form mailed to me to enter my outside banking info in order to make payments online. He said he can mail the form to me tomorrow, I declined and just said get me to whomever can close this account. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am in Wells Fargo right now.

It's easy for others to pile on but my experience with WF is the complete opposite of this.  The fact that a CSR said you can't pay your bill from an outside bank account is pure crazy (I can only hope that was the persons first day on the job).

I will never understand why folks will not walk in a branch and speak face-to-face with a banker versus taking chance on getting a great CSR on the phone.  SO many issues are far easier worked out in person versus the phone.  

I don't work at WF nor does anyone in my family but when dealing with major banks there will always be great, bad and in between experiences.  You can go to BOA, Chase, you name it and can just as easily have a similar experience.

Message 11 of 35
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Wells Fargo is simply unreal. I called them Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (today) and I have heard 3 different answers. I went ahead and shut the card down even though Ive had it for one day. This type of ineptitude is uncanny. On Saturday, one CSR told me that Wells Fargo doesnt accept payments from outside bank accounts and that I would have to mail in a check or call in to make a payment. Sorry, sir, its not 1986. 

So, I called back the next day. Now, this CSR told me my account is having maintenance performed on it and I will be able to pay my bill online with an outside bank account in 4 hours, this was at 9 pm CST yesterday. I log in today at 5 pm CST to enter my banking info, guess what? I still get the same error message. So these guys are either liars, incompetent, or both.

At this juncture, im pretty annoyed, I call back today and get passed around the phone like a cheap strumpet. Now this new CSR tells me I need a form mailed to me to enter my outside banking info in order to make payments online. He said he can mail the form to me tomorrow, I declined and just said get me to whomever can close this account. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am in Wells Fargo right now.

It's easy for others to pile on but my experience with WF is the complete opposite of this.  The fact that a CSR said you can't pay your bill from an outside bank account is pure crazy (I can only hope that was the persons first day on the job).

I will never understand why folks will not walk in a branch and speak face-to-face with a banker versus taking chance on getting a great CSR on the phone.  SO many issues are far easier worked out in person versus the phone.  

I don't work at WF nor does anyone in my family but when dealing with major banks there will always be great, bad and in between experiences.  You can go to BOA, Chase, you name it and can just as easily have a similar experience.

+1.

Having dealt with Wells Fargo for a number of years, with a mortgage transition from another institution to WF, to personal unsecured loans, to credit cards, I've never had any issues with WF.  AND I've actually done as MissingCalifornia suggested and have (gasp) gone in and talked with their staff in person.  I've set up all of my accounts to be paid on line, NOT using autopay, but manually going in and setting it up...all with no issues whatsoever.  No forms to fill out, no calls to CSRs...nada. 

One can have a bad experience with any business, whether it's a bank or not.  Guess I've been rather lucky in that regard, at least since the early days of my credit journey.  I am also not an employee of WF, nor do I have a vested interest.  If one has a bad experience, there's the choice to close the account, as the OP did, and move on, or to keep trying to resolve issues.  At some point, one decides which is more important.   

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that!

Message 13 of 35
northface28
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Youre kidding? Im supposed to drive to a branch instead of calling in to get service? Umm, ok.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps an individual has mobility issues or there isnt a branch in the immediate area. Theres an option to walk into a bank for assistance but that doesnt excuse the incompetence from multiple reps over the phone. Personally, I dont want to spend my time going to a branch for issues that should be resolved with a call but thats me.

OP sorry you've had this experience. Please understand I dont find your situation funny at all, however, the cheap strumpet comment is hilarious Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

Youre kidding? Im supposed to drive to a branch instead of calling in to get service? Umm, ok.

You will always stand a far better chance of better customer service face-to-face than a stranger on the phone.  This is where things get resolved the best way, and a far greater chance of it going your way.  If you feel you are that special (based on the tone of your reply) then just move on and down the road I'll see a similar post about a different bank unless you decide to properly explore all available options to resolve issues.

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You will always stand a far better chance of better customer service face-to-face than a stranger on the phone.  This is where things get resolved the best way, and a far greater chance of it going your way.  If you feel you are that special (based on the tone of your reply) then just move on and down the road I'll see a similar post about a different bank unless you decide to properly explore all available options to resolve issues.

I think you're being unfair to the OP.  We aren't talking about some complicated issue where it would be better to go the branch.  He's talking about being able to set up online payments for a credit card.  Something that is very basic and shouldn't require a trip to a branch to resolve.  I don't think he's suggesting he's 'special' at all.  Every other bank and credit union I've dealt with, setting up online payments is a 30 second procedure.  Whether you've had good luck and service from WF doesn't change the fact that 3 CSRs are clueless about something so basic.

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
Message 18 of 35
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree that you should not in any way shape or form have to go to a branch to set up or make payments at this point in time. It's 2015. Online payments have been a thing for over a decade now. They need to get with the times. As Irish pointed out it should be a 30 second procedure like it is with every other issuer (that I'm aware of).

TD Bank is similarly clunky with their web interface, I used to have a credit card with them. Even they don't make online payments as big of a hassle though, but you have to log into two seperate sites to get your account info. It shows up on the page with your checking account, but for all the detailed info you have to log into the actual credit card servicing site. It's stupid and behind the times.

Most of those banks - TD, Wells Fargo, even PNC - need to update their credit cards anyway to provide competitive rewards. Fees with these banks are outrageous for many things, you would think they could afford to do decent rewards programs. I don't consider 5% for 6 months and then 1% forever to be decent unless you are churning. It's a joke. PNC's card with 4 points per dollar, yet the points are only 0.25%, is also a joke.

Message 19 of 35
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you're being unfair to the OP.  We aren't talking about some complicated issue where it would be better to go the branch.  He's talking about being able to set up online payments for a credit card.  Something that is very basic and shouldn't require a trip to a branch to resolve.  I don't think he's suggesting he's 'special' at all.  Every other bank and credit union I've dealt with, setting up online payments is a 30 second procedure.  Whether you've had good luck and service from WF doesn't change the fact that 3 CSRs are clueless about something so basic.

Totally agree.  My CU, where you can't even apply online, and everything is a hard pull, still allows set up of online payments.  Most competitive banks will allow this.  The LEAST they could do is have a system where the CSR  takes the banking info, and it's applied to your online account.  Even my low life rebuilder Legacy Visa allows either rep set up or you set up online payments.  Sorry, rant over.

Signature needs updating
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.