cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The inevitable has happened grrr

tag
Regular Contributor

The inevitable has happened grrr

Thankfully I've only had one CCC credit line decrease me (juniper), but now Chase has done it to me.  I've been paying off the balance I have with them, currently $4000, that had a line of $700, but now that the balance has been paid below $4000 (currently $3900), they lowered the line to $4300!  Ouch!!

Chase initially changed my APR from 8.99%F to 15.99%V and I cannot wait until this balance is paid off.  With a credit score of over 700 this is extremely frustrating, but I guess I have to just keep chipping away and finally get this balance paid off!

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Re: The inevitable has happened grrr

Did you have a typo? Did you mean you had a line of $7000 that got lowered to $4300?

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 2 of 8
Regular Contributor

Yes I did - Sorry about that!  It went from $7,000 to $4,300.

Message 3 of 8
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Chase is famous for this....and for decreasing credit lines even when folks have no balance.

It's a sign of the times. Sorry this happened to you.

Message 4 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

Chase is famous for this....and for decreasing credit lines even when folks have no balance.

It's a sign of the times. Sorry this happened to you.

+1

and credit score doesn't prevent CLD but carrying balances can be a lure, good luck with the pay down and BT if you can to a lower rate.

It is not safe to carry balances with major banks that can't be paid down summarily IMO, do you have CU?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tianapb725 wrote:

With a credit score of over 700 this is extremely frustrating, but I guess I have to just keep chipping away and finally get this balance paid off!

700 is the new 600.  I'm sorry Chase screwed you.

Message 6 of 8
Regular Contributor

Yes, I do belong to a credit union, but I don't want to open up any new credit lines.  I just want to get all of these balances paid off so I no longer have to worry about what my credit line is and what APR they'd like to charge me!

Message 7 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@tianapb725 wrote:

Yes, I do belong to a credit union, but I don't want to open up any new credit lines.  I just want to get all of these balances paid off so I no longer have to worry about what my credit line is and what APR they'd like to charge me!

So long as you are aware that it will take you less time and cost you less if you diversify and get your feet untangled from high regular interest rates with big banks.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.