Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The infamous Synchrony letter has arrived

Ya I'd close cards ASAP and bye!
Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought, everyone file 13s the Synchrony request letter it seems to show lack of interest or caring to what they are doing.  If the issue is that you are willing to send the information BUT you aren't willing to send it to a 3Rd party who will share personal information, come up with a boiler plate letter and state that.  Anyone who is getting this letter can send the same response.  This lets Synchrony know where people stand and creates a paper trail if anything goes wonky with the credit reporting.  

I have only been in the credit world about 18 months so I am not as familiar as others about situations like this. It doesn't seem right to just do nothing and sending a letter only costs a few pennies.  If they get enough of the same response, it may get someone's attention.

Message 22 of 40
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Dayton, OH isn't a SYNC location- that LexisNexus. That's the city they were founded in (spin off of Mead paper... as in we need data to drive paper usage). So you are sending it directly to the 3rd party. I'm sure there's some kind of implicit legal reasoning for doing it that way.
Message 23 of 40
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@MJ-san wrote:
Dayton, OH isn't a SYNC location- that LexisNexus. That's the city they were founded in (spin off of Mead paper... as in we need data to drive paper usage). So you are sending it directly to the 3rd party. I'm sure there's some kind of implicit legal reasoning for doing it that way.

There is actually a location for Syn in Dayton, Ohio.

750 Forrer Blvd, Dayton, OH 45420

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

mims, the concern would be if you give permission to Synchrony, they can send it off or designate whomever they choose to process it, and legally they'd be within their rights because they can say it is just processing. You'd also never know they had done that. Legal agreements they have on their end can also extend their scope to their designees. 

Good thought, but it would not be the first legal loophole these companies have very successfully jumped through.

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

BuhBye

Message 26 of 40
wachme
Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
I would say just let it go. Sync cards are not worth it.

+1

Agreed! Subpar lender in my book. Not interested in a single card they offer.

Message 27 of 40
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Probably no card is worth all of this.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would have shredded it upon removal from the envelope.

Unknown.jpegSeems I'm using this image a lot lately. 

Message 29 of 40
Maddog_
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would have shredded it upon removal from the envelope.

+10000

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.