cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last card of the year that I am itching for....Giggity giggity giggity Oh yeah

tag
jht2
Contributor

The last card of the year that I am itching for....Giggity giggity giggity Oh yeah

Is the Barclays new Orleans Saints NFL Visa. Boy is she a beaut with fantastic offers for my fam for bdays, holidays and to nuy nfl gameDay tickets. Before I try anyone have a recommended cs needed for this card?

UPDATE: so I decided to bite the bullet and applied for the Barclays Saints visa last night and it gave the 10 day message for review. I checked the status an hour later and I was declinedSmiley Sad so I decided to recon and the rep asked about my job history and the 2 CO on my TU. I explained and she commended me on my good payment history since 2008. In my head I thought she was gonna say we commend on your great payment history but unfortunately we cannot approve you at this time, lol, instead she actually said WE COMMEND YOU FOR YOUR PAYMENT HISTORY AND I WILL PUSH THIS THROUGH FOR APPROVAL AND YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CARD IN 10 BUSINESS DAYS. Say what, my current dream card will be here in my possession lol. Thats it for me for the year I am done with applying til summer 2014.

Oh yeah CL was set at 1k.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

Re: The last card of the year that I am itching for....

I had to recon with a 707 tu but got 5000 visa signature once approved
Message 2 of 15
jht2
Contributor

Hmmmm 707 you say....welp theres always next year I suppose lol

Message 3 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Maybe no 707 but I wouldn't apply without a 680 plus.  Barclay is very recon friendly if your in the ball park, er, stadium. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 15
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

FWIW, I got the 3-5 day message and I called to recon. I spoked to the CSR and told me the deciding factor on why I was declined was due to 2 CC with very high uti. I was told they could understand 1 but 2 is hard to argue. My score was 632, but YMMV.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Wow, I just realized they really screwed me when I reconned for the Sallie Mae MC.  I mean, you got approved despite having 2 COs, yet they declined me because I have one card on a payment plan (due to high utilization) but not a single late or missed payment ever.  I got declined because of a measly comment that said "Payments managed by a financial  counseling program".  Unrbelievable.

Congratulations.

Message 6 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 15
jht2
Contributor

Oh they also said my utilization is what also helped....ive opened 3 new cards since Nov12 but my util has stayed below 7% month to month

Message 8 of 15
TM82
Regular Contributor

Congrats, the feeling of getting a positive response from a recon is a good one.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 9 of 15
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: The last card of the year that I am itching for....Giggity giggity giggity Oh yeah

are you going to spend 833/month for the next 3 months? if so i hope you signed up through the superbowl promo-seems to be still active-400 cash back

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.