cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The my bestbuy MasterCard. Platinum. How long to ask for cli?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

The my bestbuy MasterCard. Platinum. How long to ask for cli?

Well I got this card. Spent about 1800 on it. Finally down to lady 250 buck balance. Limit 4 k. Had it since may 4 th. Is it too early to ask for cli. Over 4 months. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The my bestbuy MasterCard. Platinum. How long to ask for cli?

IIRC you can ask at any point.  Just be aware, it will be a HP regardless whether you ask for it in 4, 6 or 12 months; and your account may or may not be elegible for a CLI.  Choose wisely.

Message 2 of 4
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Mine has been a year already, took 1HP back in Jan and went from $250 to $750.  Took another in June (TU) and nada.  IMO they're pretty sitngy, even w/ activities on the card, but as always...ymmv.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I think I will just pay off.  No way I will accept hp for cli. Time to buy tank of gas every few months. Laptop almost paid off. Don't need more electronics now. Don't want them to close card for inactivity. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.