Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Capital One Perpetual Transition Card

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

The new Capital One Perpetual Transition Card

My luv button rejection letter from Capital One said my Platinum is not eligible for CLI because it is still in transition.  Ok, it used to be an Orchard card, but I have had the Cap1 card for a while, have received Cap1 statements, and am viewing it on the Cap1 website.  

So, what is transitional about it?  My Cap1 Cash card is nearly ten times the CL, when will this one be eligible for CLI?

Do I really have to go exec again?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: The new Capital One Perpetual Transition Card

IIRC, they indicated the transition will be complete in October. Not everyone has received their cards yet. The website just updated last month and from the threads about delayed reporting to CRAs- Cap 1 is still working out the bugs.

Edit: typo
Message 2 of 4
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

My luv button rejection letter from Capital One said my Platinum is not eligible for CLI because it is still in transition.  Ok, it used to be an Orchard card, but I have had the Cap1 card for a while, have received Cap1 statements, and am viewing it on the Cap1 website.  

So, what is transitional about it?  My Cap1 Cash card is nearly ten times the CL, when will this one be eligible for CLI?

Do I really have to go exec again?

EO is probably the best route right now. They're aware that the button is pretty useless, actually. It's going to be awhile.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
IIRC, they indicated the transition will be complete in October. Not everyone has received their cards yet. The website just updated last month and from the threads about delayed reporting to CRAs- Cap 1 is still working out the bugs.

Edit: typo

+1

I'd say the best chances for using the online CLI method (once all other platforms are integrated) would be around 4Q13, or the earlier part of 2014.  In most cases, from what folks have reported, the EO channel has been flexible in refunding annual fees or adding a reward structure to the former HSBC/Orchard accounts.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.