Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new credit approval category kinda weird

tag
dimitrip
Established Member

The new credit approval category kinda weird

To the folks who run this board. I think the new sub category is going to cause confusion people like to talk about cards and hence will talk about approvals. I predict a lot of confusion and posts getting moved around. Love the board hope it works !
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: The new credit approval category kinda weird

This board does not discourage the discussion of or UW requirements for cc's. The new sub board is specific to approvals and successful CLI's.

We are always open to comments/suggestions to make this and all the boards user friendly.
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I like the change because (being a mean-spirited person) it means I don't have to read updated posts where the updates are merely 25 posts saying "Congrats", people now have their own subforum for that!

One thought for more sub-forums would be to consider splitting by issuer, so we could have something like (adding any major issuers missed!):

Amex

Barclays

Cap One

Chase

Citi

NFCU

Penfed

US Bank

USAA

Other

There would still be lots of posts in other, either about cards like Duck/Beaver, or general questions such as "What is the best rewards card?"  But people wanting to know about UW guidelines for the CSP, when to expect CLIs on US Bank etc, could more easily find that info.    Not sure the volume is there yet though

Edit: Forgot about that minor bank BoA!

Message 3 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Change takes time at first I felt the same, now not so much. Congrats! Does get old to read unless your on the receiving end. Nothing is ever set in stone that I've seen on this site. People seem pretty open minded.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 5
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I like the change because (being a mean-spirited person) it means I don't have to read updated posts where the updates are merely 25 posts saying "Congrats", people now have their own subforum for that!

One thought for more sub-forums would be to consider splitting by issuer, so we could have something like (adding any major issuers missed!):

Amex

Barclays

Cap One

Chase

Citi

NFCU

Penfed

US Bank

USAA

Other

There would still be lots of posts in other, either about cards like Duck/Beaver, or general questions such as "What is the best rewards card?"  But people wanting to know about UW guidelines for the CSP, when to expect CLIs on US Bank etc, could more easily find that info.    Not sure the volume is there yet though

Edit: Forgot about that minor bank BoA!

Discover ...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.