Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

How do I find info on this card? Kind of sick of my us airways and would like to trade to something else. They did waive the af, but have no need for the miles. Has anyone had luck with Barclays doing this?

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 197
daveg38
Established Contributor

I already did, got a 7-10 day message, called a rep and she said declined.  Hoping it was because app hit a froze report...

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 11 of 197
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:
How do I find info on this card? Kind of sick of my us airways and would like to trade to something else. They did waive the af, but have no need for the miles. Has anyone had luck with Barclays doing this?

Google Barclay and Ring card, you will probably get right to app page.

Message 12 of 197
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

I already did, got a 7-10 day message, called a rep and she said declined.  Hoping it was because app hit a froze report...

They pull TU.

Call tomorrow when credit is open, number above in backdoor sticky.... they seem to decline a lot or small CL, recon is usually good success rate.

Message 13 of 197
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

They even tell you what score you need and link back to this site for reference. ;O

Message 14 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long time lurker, I pulled the trigger today, my TU pulled from FICO today 4/17 is exactly 680 Smiley Happy. The message I got from Barclays, was the further processing will be required - stay tuned...

Message 15 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been away from the forums for a while (very busy with school), but came by today to find that there is a new card out there -- Barclay Ring.  I've read what they have to say on the Barclaycard Ring site and it seems like a great card to have around when carrying a balance will be unavoidable.  I don't have any experience with Barclay, but I've read that they aren't known for giving out generous CLs (<$1k in a lot of cases) and I'm looking for some input from those of you who do have a Barclay card or know someone who does.

I've been looking for a low interest card that I can keep around for times where I know I will have to carry a balance.  My lowest right now is 19.24% on my BCE.  I've also been looking into getting a MC.

Is this the card I'm looking for?

Thanks.

Message 16 of 197
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Once I get some balances paid down I'll be all over this one.  A low APR card is the only thing I missing. I've got the rewards covered, I just need a low APR card for those times when I need to carry a balance outside of store card finance specials.

Message 17 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boomhower wrote:

Once I get some balances paid down I'll be all over this one.  A low APR card is the only thing I missing. I've got the rewards covered, I just need a low APR card for those times when I need to carry a balance outside of store card finance specials.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  I've heard Barclay is stingy with CLs though.

Message 18 of 197
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is exactly what I was thinking.  I've heard Barclay is stingy with CLs though.

Not sure where you heard that from.  There's even a recent thread that shows otherwise.

Does this card offer rewards of any kind?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 197
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.