Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

tag
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Re: The offical Barclaycar​d Ring Thread

I'm assuming you mention that based on my signature. Thanks for the heads up, that score in my signature is a few months old and at the time I had a medical collection on my reports which I got removed using the hipaa process and my util was around 90%. I have since paid down my util to around 25%.

I'm not sure what my exact TU fico is right now, but my USAA FAKO is 709 and my creditkarma is 704 (they were around the 620-630ish range 2 months ago). I am also going to wait about 2 more weeks for Chase to report my CLI from $1500 to $3000 on my Freedom. 

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 51 of 197
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Re: The official Barclaycar​d Ring Thread

@daveg38 wrote:

Well, not a full blown approval - they ganked $2000 off my BarclayCard and allocated it to the Ring.  Still glad to be in this club as the benefits are tremendous.

Congrats! Did they use Transunion for the app?

Message 52 of 197
daveg38
Established Contributor

Yes, they did.

Thought I was only getting $2000 moved over from Barclay Apple; they did that AND tacked on $3000 more!  Smiley Wink

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 53 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

@FrugalRican wrote:

Still don't get what's so special about this card.

All I managed to read was 8% APR... which if you have a 25% APR but don't carry a balance, really doesn't mean much.

1% on cash thingy, okay, I can get that, but I don't often withdraw from a credit card...

So what else is there? I'm seeing a lot of buzz over the internet over this card, but still haven't really seen a why?

Is it because of the 680 to get it?

I'm interested in it because it has no fees and (in my opinion) is a good card to have around for times when you have to carry a balance.  Though if you have a steady and high income you would have no use for this card.

Message 54 of 197
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: The offical Barclaycar​d Ring Thread

@Viper786 wrote:

I currently have 6 inquiries on my TU. Three of them are over a year old and the other three are under a year old.

I am interested in the barclaycard ring to transfer some balances to a lower APR card. I know Barclay is sensitive to new accounts/too many inquiries. Is 6 too many for them?

I think you are ok with 6 inq being that 3 are over a year old.  How old are the latest 3?  I don't think you should have a problem as long as they aren't too recent like in the last 4 months.  YMMV.  Just my opinion Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 55 of 197
logan_720
Established Contributor

Do you guys think that a successful recon can be done on this card if all the other criteria has been met, like the 680+ fico needed?

Message 56 of 197
daveg38
Established Contributor

I was systematically declined since report was froze.  I let them in, told them I'd allocate part of Barclay Apple Card towards it.  They moved $2000 over and added $3000 to it...kinda cool.

Recon with them for sure; my TU FICO tanked this month and after telling them about why my USAA utilization hit 43%, they approved me.

Message 57 of 197
logan_720
Established Contributor

Well I haven't even apped yet. I'm not sure what my current TU score is, but I'm sure its above 680. I have an Apple card with them @ $1700 thats been open for two months. I had to recon for that one since I was denied for too many inquiries...I was just wondering if the Ring would be just as easy to recon or not. If it was, I would apply, but I'm a bit hesitant since I also want to try for a car loan sometime soon...

Message 58 of 197
daveg38
Established Contributor

App for the car loan.  Wait a month and app / recon the Ring card because you can then explain the inquiries came from an auto loan - much better tactic (since ya gotta drive, right?)

Message 59 of 197
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

There are now 4 or 5 (I lost count) different threads talking about this product combined here.

Message 60 of 197
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.