Did you mean: 

The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

@mokong wrote:

4 inq on TU and fico 716

Hmm, I think I might be right around there as well.  Maybe I'll give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.  What exactly do you say to someone on the recon line? 

Message 81 of 197
mokong
Regular Contributor

well she asked me why do i need another cc, i told her about the low APR of this card.

then she told me approved for starting limit of 5k.

Message 82 of 197
Smug
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mokong wrote:

4 inq on TU and fico 716

Hmm, I think I might be right around there as well.  Maybe I'll give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.  What exactly do you say to someone on the recon line? 

Hi, I want the ring....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 83 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mokong wrote:

well she asked me why do i need another cc, i told her about the low APR of this card.

then she told me approved for starting limit of 5k.

So when you call to get a recon, is that all those individuals handle?  I mean, do they know that they people calling are calling for reconsideration?  I just can't imagine calling and saying "I was denied and would like my application to be reconsidered..."  is that what people do?

Message 84 of 197
mokong
Regular Contributor

when i called i told her "im calling regarding my credit card application..blah blah blah...

Message 85 of 197
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just can't imagine calling and saying "I was denied and would like my application to be reconsidered..."  is that what people do?

Hahaha, yes!  I just recently asked the Chase rep if I could have the decision overturned.  He looked at my CR, asked me some questions and within a day I was approved. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 86 of 197
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Just tell them you applied and were calling to find out about the application. They'll ask for info to look you up. Depending on your denial reasons and/or the particular rep you get, it's quite possible with Barclay they will go right into trying to redecision the application. Barclay is much more open to the idea and often needs very little pushing. If you know your denial reasons, people here might be able to give you some talking points to help -- but yes, if they don't jump right into it you ask if they could review your application again and reconsider their decision. Just keep in mind we tend to see posts of approvals and successful reconsiderations here, not the declines. It can be successful, but whether or not it is highly depends on your particular situation. Lots of calls will end with a more thorough explaination of the denial and a suggestion to reapply in the future. Good luck...
Message 87 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the input about recons, hopefully I won't need to recon though!

I'm going to wait until my May statements cut so I can be sure that I have no balances reporting, then I'll app Ring!

Message 88 of 197
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the input about recons, hopefully I won't need to recon though!

I'm going to wait until my May statements cut so I can be sure that I have no balances reporting, then I'll app Ring!

Yeah, excellent plant. I just purcahsed my EQ on here, and its not looking so hot. My usage went up slightly and took roughly 50 points off Smiley Embarassed

Message 89 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about applying for the Ring but am a bit concerned about how dynamic the T&C are. The 8% starting rate is great but it seems like there will be a lot of tweaking once things get underway. Majority may vote for a higher APR in exchange for more rewards, etc. Also the "transparent" profit sharing feature is lost on me. I can't find any info on how they will actually calculate this and wonder if it even amounts to 1% of spending on the card. I guess I'm a bit boring and prefer to stick to traditional cards where I know what the T&C will be for the forseeable future.

Message 90 of 197
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.