Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

tag
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Re: The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

It seems to me that Barclays aitomatically flat out deny applicants as in a way to test you. They want to know how badly you want their new "Ring" card and are standing by their phones to hear you plead your case for a reconsideration. Smiley Wink

As for me ill wait until I have paid off my small card balances next month to apply.
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 181 of 197
revkurtsimon
New Visitor

I had applied for this card and was initially declined.  They didn't pull my credit report so I was perplexed.  Called the backdoor number and talked with an agent who said the reason listed was that I had sufficient credit with Barclay. I have a Juniper card which i rarely use.  I asked for a recon.  I have good credit 761 Ex. 723 TU and 723 Eq. Great payment history, and less than 30% utilization. He did a hard pull and used my TU score. Gave me a CL of $10,000. Balance transfer, purchases, AND cash advance is all at 8%!  Who needs rewards with this?  I plan on transferring some really high interest cards over to this one immediately.  Said he will consider a CLI in 6 months of solid payment history.  Plus, they have a system in place where all the cardholders get to choose what rewards and rebates we want by voting for them. Amazing concept. This may be one of my best cards yet and I was a huge Chase Sapphire fan!

Message 182 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone called to try a Product change out of the Ring card? I have a lower interest rate on my LOC and wanting to get a rewards card.

Message 183 of 197
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Anyone know how CLIs work with Barclay? More particularily with this card?

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 184 of 197
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

I have 2 Barclay cards and both have the CLI request button online, I clicked both last week and was approved for an increase on both of around 600 each card.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 185 of 197
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Was it a soft pull or a hard pull?

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 186 of 197
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone product changed from say their normal rewards card to the Ring ? 

Message 187 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, just some info on my experience today.
I was looking for a prime card to apply for that pulls from TU. I regularly check my Creditkarma profile and currently have a 727 TU on Creditkarma. About 18 months average open credit history, $1000 CapOne Plat, $1000 CapOne Plat, $300 HSBC/CapOne Orchard, and a $800 GE SmartConnect. About 25-30% utilization on the pull. No BKS, no public records, no collections.

I applied for the Barclaycard ring then called backdoor number on my lunch break. The gentleman placed me on hold to speak to the security analyst, then he asked me about my employment (consumer credit counselor!), annual income, etc. and reviewed my credit report. He was going to decline me at first, because my credit history wasn't too long and my limits were low, but changed his mind and approved me over phone for a $1000 limit.

The 8% APR and low balance transfer/cash advance fees make this a very attractive card. Of course, I didn't tell the rep I was just approved for a $2000 Chase Freedom as well, but that was a double EX pull for that. (FYI, called Chase Freedom backdoor and was approved $500, called backdoor again and they did a 2nd hard pull to increase to $2000. Just got the card on Saturday).

Hope that helps anyone applying for Barclaycard Ring or Chase Freedom.

Message 188 of 197
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 BK discharged in December, only a car loan right now (Obtained the day after filing BK) - CS is 650 (Average) and I got a 7-10 day reply from them. I dont really need a credit card, but would like to begin rebuilding my credit. I guess we will see what happens. 

Message 189 of 197
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

I just got my Barclaycard Ring today & it looks like someone melted some starburst on the bottom of the card. Looks pretty cool, Smiley Happy.

Message 190 of 197
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.