Established Member
nancy601

Re: The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

bichonmom wrote:

Just read the whole thread. It seems like this would be a nice card to have as a backup.

How have people done who have other Barclay's cards? I read a couple of posts -- it seems like at least one person was declined because they had purchased a computer w/0% on Apple. I bought my iPad w/0% in November.

Also, wondering about how long you should have an existing Barclay's card before apping/being approved for this one. I believe I had read previously (not having to do w/the Ring) that Barclay's required at least 6 mos w/current Barclay's card before being approved for a new Barclay's card. That would also be consistent w/the talk on here about not getting ANY new CCs for at least 6 mos after getting Barclays to prevent AA from them.

Any thoughts? Any one get the Ring w/ a Barclay's under 6 mos old?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

I am the one with the computer purchase on their own card for 0%, but additionally they really hated that I had chase as an account.  go figure.  I have 2 cards with them already one very establshed over a year, with owing 0 and perfect payment history, in fact they just sent me a letter pleading to do a balance transfer for like 2% for 12 months.  The other one,  I am letting sit with minimimum payment to take advantage of the 0%  for 12 months, other than that all my other credit cards are mostly at 0 balance as reported on my credit history.  Anway, I just look at my credit unions which are awesome..go USAA and go ALLIANT (they rock)

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

nancy601 wrote:

I am the one with the computer purchase on their own card for 0%, but additionally they really hated that I had chase as an account.  go figure.  I have 2 cards with them already one very establshed over a year, with owing 0 and perfect payment history, in fact they just sent me a letter pleading to do a balance transfer for like 2% for 12 months.  The other one,  I am letting sit with minimimum payment to take advantage of the 0%  for 12 months, other than that all my other credit cards are mostly at 0 balance as reported on my credit history.  Anway, I just look at my credit unions which are awesome..go USAA and go ALLIANT (they rock)

Ironic, because I just got a Chase a couple of weeks ago! It's not reporting on my CR yet, but Barclay's softs, so if they don't like it, there's nothing I can do. I know there must be people who have BOTH Chase and Barclay's.

I also still owe a few hundred on my iPad because I wanted to take advantage of the 0% and hope that it would help me to establish a positive history wtih them. But from your experience, it doesn't look like that's the case. Though, I am paying more than the minimum each month.

I'd really love to hear from anyone else who's been approved or denied for the Ring. :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Established Member
nancy601

bichonmom wrote:

nancy601 wrote:

Ironic, because I just got a Chase a couple of weeks ago! It's not reporting on my CR yet, but Barclay's softs, so if they don't like it, there's nothing I can do. I know there must be people who have BOTH Chase and Barclay's.

I also still owe a few hundred on my iPad because I wanted to take advantage of the 0% and hope that it would help me to establish a positive history wtih them. But from your experience, it doesn't look like that's the case. Though, I am paying more than the minimum each month.

I'd really love to hear from anyone else who's been approved or denied for the Ring. :smileyhappy:

Same here, I did the apple visa for an iMac at 0% and then opened the Chase for 2 iPads for 0% - Betty - Barclays, hated this...Why Chase over and over, even though I kept explaining.  Nothing else was a problem.

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

nancy601 wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

nancy601 wrote:

Same here, I did the apple visa for an iMac at 0% and then opened the Chase for 2 iPads for 0% - Betty - Barclays, hated this...Why Chase over and over, even though I kept explaining.  Nothing else was a problem.

I don't know when this was, but I'd call and recon again. It seems like you might have just gotten a rep who was having a bad day. There are people who have reconed more than once. If it were me, I'd really want to know *why* they're denying me for having a Chase card, when everything else is fine. Unless it's a recent card, which they don't like, I just don't get why it would be a problem. You have nothing to lose by calling, if you think it's worth the call.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Established Member
nancy601

bichonmom wrote:

nancy601 wrote:

bichonmom wrote:

nancy601 wrote:

I don't know when this was, but I'd call and recon again. It seems like you might have just gotten a rep who was having a bad day. There are people who have reconed more than once. If it were me, I'd really want to know *why* they're denying me for having a Chase card, when everything else is fine. Unless it's a recent card, which they don't like, I just don't get why it would be a problem. You have nothing to lose by calling, if you think it's worth the call.

Somewhere there is my additional comments on this problem.  I got irritated, called another bank I have established business with and got 2 credit cards put down to 8% APR.  Although, I agree with you I could have recon'd again, decided I don't need the ring after all.

New Contributor
SanityKills

No issues with my Chase account.

CreditKarma TU: 680 | Credit.com EX: 668 | Equifax EQ: 671 | Credit Sesame Simulated FICO: 736
Citi Platinum Select: ($6900), Chase Freedom ($3500), Amex BCE ($5000), Amex CLEAR ($6000), Barclaycard Ring ($2800), Barclay Rewards MC ($2500), CareCredit ($4100), Kohls ($1000) | UTL: 3.14%
Contributor
cloyd

Can someone explain why everyone is on Barclay's tip? They seem awfully finicky, without a lot of benefits to back it up.just saying.....
Starting Score (3/2/12): EQ: 573 TU:605 EX:634 CK:628Current Score (5/04/12): EQ:719 TU:704 (FICO) EX: 714 (FICO) CK:704
Goal Score: 720 across the board

AMEX Delta Plat/SPG/BCE/Zync I JP Morgan Select I Chase Sapphire Preferred I Citi Diamond Preferred World MC I Discover More

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

I'm confused.  Does Barclays have a problem with Chase?

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Valued Contributor
ptr2593

cloyd wrote:
Can someone explain why everyone is on Barclay's tip? They seem awfully finicky, without a lot of benefits to back it up.just saying.....

I think the primary reason people are interested in Ring is the very low APR.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Established Member
nancy601

[ Edited ]

cloyd wrote:

Remember Gollum?  The Lord of The Rings? 

Quote: Gollum: We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+