Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: The official Barclaycar​d Ring Thread

Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,603
Registered: ‎12-07-2008
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread


ptr2593 wrote:

FrugalRican wrote:

Still don't get what's so special about this card.

All I managed to read was 8% APR... which if you have a 25% APR but don't carry a balance, really doesn't mean much.

1% on cash thingy, okay, I can get that, but I don't often withdraw from a credit card...

 

So what else is there? I'm seeing a lot of buzz over the internet over this card, but still haven't really seen a why?

Is it because of the 680 to get it?


 

I'm interested in it because it has no fees and (in my opinion) is a good card to have around for times when you have to carry a balance.  Though if you have a steady and high income you would have no use for this card.

 

 


I wouldn't think that's true at all.  MANY steady and/or high income people carry debt, use balance transfers and do not pay in full.  Even ones who do may want this card.  It depends on the individual.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800




Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

[ Edited ]

clocktick wrote:

ptr2593 wrote:

FrugalRican wrote:

Still don't get what's so special about this card.

All I managed to read was 8% APR... which if you have a 25% APR but don't carry a balance, really doesn't mean much.

1% on cash thingy, okay, I can get that, but I don't often withdraw from a credit card...

 

So what else is there? I'm seeing a lot of buzz over the internet over this card, but still haven't really seen a why?

Is it because of the 680 to get it?


 

I'm interested in it because it has no fees and (in my opinion) is a good card to have around for times when you have to carry a balance.  Though if you have a steady and high income you would have no use for this card.

 

 


I wouldn't think that's true at all.  MANY steady and/or high income people carry debt, use balance transfers and do not pay in full.  Even ones who do may want this card.  It depends on the individual.


 

Well I don't know why people who can pay their debt would carry it and continue to pay interest unless it's to try and maximize their FICO, in which case they are carrying only a small balance anyway and the rate probably doesn't matter much.  The BT is nice, but there are other cards that have a no fee BT that are easier to get approved for.

 

Also, I didn't say that people wouldn't want it, I said that they would have no use for it.  In other words, wanting the card and having a use for the card are not the same thing.  I want Zync because it looks cool, but I have no use for it. 

 


 

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Established Contributor
Posts: 619
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

There are plenty of reasons why people might want to finance something at 8%.  And credit card balances don't have to be carried forever - they can be carried for a few months, many months, or anything in between.  I have taken cash advances from credit cards to fund my brokerage account.  Why?  Well, with some issuers, there is no cash advance fee, and the interest is the same as for purchases.  I could use brokerage margin but in some cases choose not to (the interest is about the same or a percent higher at my brokerage for using their margin) or I may want to use it for a non-margin-eligible account.

_________________________________________________________
Too many accounts; too many debts; lots of open credit, and lots of utilized credit. Scores somewhere in the 600s - I have no earthly idea exactly what number, but not 700 like it was, briefly.
New Member
Posts: 841
Registered: ‎10-04-2010
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

'm interested in it because it has no fees and (in my opinion) is a good card to have around for times when you have to carry a balance.  Though if you have a steady and high income you would have no use for this card.

 

 


I wouldn't think that's true at all.  MANY steady and/or high income people carry debt, use balance transfers and do not pay in full.  Even ones who do may want this card.  It depends on the individual.


 

Well I don't know why people who can pay their debt would carry it and continue to pay interest unless it's to try and maximize their FICO, in which case they are carrying only a small balance anyway and the rate probably doesn't matter much.  The BT is nice, but there are other cards that have a no fee BT that are easier to get approved for.

 

Also, I didn't say that people wouldn't want it, I said that they would have no use for it.  In other words, wanting the card and having a use for the card are not the same thing.  I want Zync because it looks cool, but I have no use for it. 

 


 


I disagree. People with high and steady income (however you define that) have debt and carry balances. Not because they want to keep a small balance, but because they can't afford to pay off everything they have charged. It is almost like the more money you make, the more things you can spend it on.....



BK in 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Gold Delta Skymiles ($25,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)--- Discover IT ($28,000)

Experian 741 Transunion 752-- July 2016
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎12-30-2010
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

I've been itching for a low interest Visa or MC...

 

I've always heard Barclay is senisitive to new accounts - how true is that? I just opened my Amex BCE a couple of weeks ago, but it hasn't reported yet. Will Barclay and/or Amex freak out with 2 cards opening at once?

 

Amex sent me a 760 EX Fico, and I'm sure my TU isn't too different since I have no baddies anywhere, so I'm hoping I might be able to get approved. 

Contributor
Posts: 106
Registered: ‎08-05-2011
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

I got approved for 3k after getting the 10 day and calling in. I asked for more and the offered $5000. TU was frozen so the pulled EQ.

January 2011 Score: 663
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 750
Contributor
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎12-30-2010
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

Bump. Those of you who are approved, what kinds of stats do you have? Inquiries? AAoA? Income? Scores? 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: The official Barclaycard Ring Thread

Yea, please post your info if you got declined as well!  I'm really itching for this card, but I'm unsure of my TU and I have 5-7 inquiries in the past year.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Established Member
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎11-09-2010
0

Re: The offical Barclaycard Ring Thread

I app'd, usual, wait time..called in today, talked to credit analyst..was told the following:

 

I met all criteria ie: credit score 680 although Betty was confused by this at first as being one of the criteria for acceptibility.

I handle my finances well - Per Betty

Oh and Betty did not like Chase although again explained that I had done an annual purchase of hardware purchases through both Barclays and Chase for the 0% deal Betty really did not like Chase being on my report... hmmm....

but...denied because of wow 1 large charge on their own zero percent offer for a legit computer purchase.

 

Frustrated, but went elsewhere and got 2 credit cards transferred to 8% APR.

 

Barclays, I like you but you can shove your ring Smiley Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.