cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The one thing I can't stand about chase!

tag
forceedge99
Contributor

The one thing I can't stand about chase!

They make it impossible to request for a CLI without doing a hard pull! I've called CS and the EO and got nowhere. It really stinks man! Smiley Sad currently chase is my lowest limit!
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: The one thing I can't stand about chase!

Their CS and recons are excellent. I guess we can't have everything but it would be nice! Smiley Tongue
Message 2 of 24
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Their CS and recons are excellent. I guess we can't have everything but it would be nice! Smiley Tongue

I would only be so fortunate to one day experience this wonderful CS from Chase everyone speaks of! Please note sarcasm Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 24
forceedge99
Contributor

Definitely agree with that^ I was denied, then approved once I did a recon Smiley Happy
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 4 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

To be honest its really just 1 HP.... It's pretty worthwhile to get a decent CLI for 1 HP. Beats getting a 500 SP CLI.....
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 24
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

I actually wish Chase would allow you to do a CLI request online. Although I never get anywhere with Discover, I like their system. You request a CLI and it says if they need a hard pull you can withdraw the application. Another option would be if they did something similar to Citi. The only thing I don't like about Citi is that you only find out if they did a Hard Pull or Soft Pull after you submit the request.
Message 6 of 24
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
To be honest its really just 1 HP.... It's pretty worthwhile to get a decent CLI for 1 HP. Beats getting a 500 SP CLI.....

I agree with this and don't see why some people are so hesitant to do it. I got 5000 when I requested one with them and about one week later was able to get 4000 more on one card and 4500 more on another. They were two seperate inquiries, but I think the increases were worth it. If you really need it, a hard inquiry shouldn't be a problem. If you are just asking for it because you are bored, then I can understand not wanting an inquiry.

@SSA_2013 wrote:
I actually wish Chase would allow you to do a CLI request online.

I agree with the online part. I somewhat feel like I am bothering them when I request it over the telephone, even though I know that is what they are there for.

Message 7 of 24
bribro
Valued Contributor

You are seeking new credit so by definition you are supposed to incur an HP. That being said, you might have better luck asking for a SP CLI right after you have a Chase HP done (e.g. for another application); I've had success with this before.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 24
severine
Contributor

I got both the CSP and the Freedom cards last August. At about the six month mark I called and inquired about initiating a CLI (Initial limits both at 5k). I spoke to the CS rep and he told me that it would be a HP. I thought about it and told him I'd decided not to go through with it. The next day I logged on and BAM both cards had been increased (to 9k and 8.9k). It seems too close to my call for this to be a coinky-dink! I have 6 HPs that will be falling off in August and I definitely want to increase these cards higher because next to the Amex BCP, I use them the most.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 9 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bribro wrote:

You are seeking new credit so by definition you are supposed to incur an HP. That being said, you might have better luck asking for a SP CLI right after you have a Chase HP done (e.g. for another application); I've had success with this before.

+1

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.